Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Committing to the Move  (Read 1055 times)

Mr. Magniloquent

Committing to the Move
« on: June 06, 2016, 11:17:10 pm »

Greetings Everyone!

About 2 years ago I made my first post expressing interest in relocating to NH in roughly 3 years. Well, about a month ago some changes in a contract I'm involved presented the opportunity to leave my current location a year early. I've talked my wife into trying NH! Lo & behold, the move gets triggered! I find the timing highly auspicious. The exact location is far from being decided, but I'm looking quite vigorously. I do have a few new questions though.

What areas are Free Staters most concentrated in? Are there any areas which anticipate receiving a high proportion of Free Staters now that the move has been triggered? Are there any sort of....welcoming committees (for a lack of a better term)? I would absolutely love to talk with anyone and everyone about the move!

trevorparscal

Re: Committing to the Move
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 08:50:40 am »

Great news! I'm also looking right now with a fast approaching arrival date of July 9th. I'd be interested in answers to the questions you've asked, but I've seen them asked before a bit as well, so you may want to browse around the forum a bit.

I think there are a few pockets of Free Staters, each with a different approach. I've certainly discovered that there's a divide between Keene and everywhere else at least.

Also, I believe there's a welcome wagon that keeps track of people moving in and often helps them unload in exchange for pizza and beer.

Good luck with your move.

- Trevor

elkingrey

• Daily Anarchist
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 10:22:43 pm »

The highest number or free staters per square mile is definitely Manchester, which is no surprise considering it's the most populous city in New Hampshire.

There are, however, free staters throughout the state. I suspect that each town will end up having a roughly proportional number of free staters when it's all said and done.

I recommend moving to the part of the state that best meets your needs in other aspects of life, such as job, type of geography you prefer, type of lifestyle, etc.

When you have an arrival date there are "welcome wagons" whereby free staters will be waiting at your home to help you unload your truck when you arrive. They make life much much easier. Just let us know in advance!

Good luck with your moves!

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 03:10:43 pm »

Once you have a move plan (or even if you are just visiting the state), email Chris Lopez at moved@freestateproject.org, and she'll set up a welcome party for you.

As for which parts of the state are more libertarian/lower tax/more affordable, etc., you may want to check out this town spreadsheet I created: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3904587/nhtowns15.xls Planning to update this soon with more data.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Kamekazi Seagull

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 11:51:30 pm »

What areas are Free Staters most concentrated in? Are there any areas which anticipate receiving a high proportion of Free Staters now that the move has been triggered?

Yes, Manchester as the highest proportion but its also important to remember that each unique area of NH comes with an equally unique group of Freestaters. The centers are Keene, Manchester and the Seacoast.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything