Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Porc Manor Limited & Expanding CHEAP Housing Options  (Read 1239 times)

JLTW

Porc Manor Limited & Expanding CHEAP Housing Options
« on: February 13, 2016, 10:18:18 pm »

I've never paid more than $360 for a place because I look for rooms-in-houses and roommates. I was wondering if anyone was working on housing issues regarding cheaper places to live. So many of us moving soon, it'd be great to have a roommate forum or expand Porc Manor.

This should be the "Under $500 Club" because $500/month ($125/week) should be the max. This is all based around having roommates or renting private rooms. This is very common and popular around my area in Minneapolis Minnesota, but I am struggling to find the resources online for New Hampshire. I've looked in major cities (Nashua, Manchester and Concord) as well as pinpoint towns like Free Keene and I only find one option occasionally.

I would even volunteer to help run a better online group or service. I am a single, young working class professional and consider myself to be pretty independent. The predominant or visible demographic in the FSP, in my 3 years of being a member, are married couples and families with long-established careers making decent money, and who are looking to buy houses and cars.

I have seen I am not the only single young person looking for a basic room to rent and not interested in paying property taxes. Just because some porcs with families and traditional lifestyles have bought into government does not mean it's a good idea to advise younger freestaters to do the same. We have so much power in our hands to build alternative and freer lifestyles in communities.

Who wants to do this? I'm not sure I am the best person being out of state. And Porc Manor has a great idea, it's basically what I want to do but it's just not being used and has hardly any listings. It'd be great to have more listings of higher prices too and just have an "under $500" as one tab.

The best site I've used to find apartments with tons of cheap options was Pad Mapper. I want to model after that.

politicalGRAFFITI

• New Hampshire Underground Forum
Re: Porc Manor Limited & Expanding CHEAP Housing Options
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 11:16:13 pm »

JLTW

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 11:32:01 pm »

Actually seeing that and looking around this forum sparked the idea for this post. Winchester is a very secluded area in southwest NH and far from the city areas. It's a good option, but it's only one.

I've come back to Porc Manor many a time to find hardly any options, even standard ones. You would have a better time looking on Craigslist. Even there I have only found maybe 20% decent options but I am convinced that a decent economy and the power of networking in the FSP will help bring deals like this to visibility more often- and even invent new ones.

politicalGRAFFITI

• New Hampshire Underground Forum
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 12:09:53 am »

Good luck with your effort.  :)

The folks in Winchester are personal friends.  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up