Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Got room for one more? Not sure what's next.  (Read 1910 times)

sudomccoy

Got room for one more? Not sure what's next.
« on: February 06, 2016, 04:43:02 pm »

Hi FSP,

Congrats on reaching 20k! I didn't sign up for the move but plan on traveling to NH sometime in the next few months. If all goes well I'd love to call your beautiful state my new home. It looks like your facebook group is where the party's at but I don't have an account so I figured I'd introduce myself here and try to get an idea of where I might best fit in.

Here's a little about me: I'm in my late twenties, ex-military, have an online degree in communications, and for two years have been traveling in a custom campervan. Pursuing a career isn't a priority for me but I believe NH is the perfect place to develop some freedom oriented side projects. I'm not trying to launch a startup or do anything overly ambitious right now but would enjoy being near like-minded technology enthusiasts who have a passion for mesh nets and decentralization. Currently considering Manchester or Nashua but am open to suggestions. Politics aren't my forte, however I support what you're doing in the state legislature and would be interested in learning more about ways to help.

In 2014 I dropped by porcfest and had a good time despite (regrettably) not getting to know anyone. This time I'm looking forward to connecting with you and getting involved with some volunteer work. I'm not sure what you have planned for the future but I'm excited to learn more.

See you soonish!

LakesRegion

Re: Got room for one more? Not sure what's next.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 07:04:49 pm »

Welcome sudomccoy,

That's ok that you didn't sign to move, we would still love to have you!

Nashua and Manchester are both nice places to live. There are a lot of free staters in Manchester. In fact, many movers start there before they figure out exactly where they want to stay long term. From what I understand a lot of technology enthusiasts are in Manchester and also around the seacoast near Portsmouth.

Volunteer work is great :) There are ton's have things to get involved with. I'm not sure what you would be interested in or what you are already aware of so I'll just list some stuff:

nhliberty.org
NH Liberty Alliance always needs help reading the bills to see if they are pro or anti freedom.

rightsbrigade.com
Rights Brigade is a jury nullification outreach.

shiresharing.org
Shire Sharing delivers thanksgiving meals to families in need.

lakesregionporcupines.com
Lakes Region Porcupines picks up liter on the side of the road, toy drive, blood donation etc.

You also might check nhcalendar.org for upcoming events, but facebook probably has more stuff than is on here.

The best way to get connect is Facebook, but I understand if you don't want an account. I don't have one either.

sudomccoy

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 05:11:57 pm »

Outstanding.

Thanks for the info. I gave notice last night and will be en route in a few weeks. Those links look perfect. The bill reading thing particularly interests me, but I'm eager to follow up on all these groups... just not with facebook ;)

LakesRegion

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 08:44:08 pm »

That's awesome! I'm glad I could be of some help to you :)

I hope you make lots of connections when you get here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up