Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Immigrating from Canada  (Read 1281 times)

Fed-Up Canuck

Immigrating from Canada
« on: February 05, 2016, 09:27:41 pm »

Greetings Free State Project!

I'm currently finishing up a Masters of healthcare administration in Qu├ębec. I've felt like leaving the province most of my life because of cultural incompatibilities. Indeed, I hate the heavy nanny state and the "bucket of crabs" mentality that's so prevalent here. Sadly, I feel like Canada has slowly but surely been adopting these cultural aspect and it's disgusting me. I want to leave for greener pastures. Through research I found out about New Hampshire and it looks like everything I ever dreamed of.

This would require immigrating to the United States. I've been digging a bit about what it would entail. I've found that my best options are a TN visa (bad because of the lack of dual intent) or EB-2 visa (thanks to my soon to be completed degree). The healthcare administration sector is currently booming in the USA so I'm banking on using the high demand for my skills to sneak in.

Does any Free State Project member have experience with the immigration process? It seems rather demanding and cumbersome to me, and I would like to put as much luck on my side!

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Immigrating from Canada
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 09:31:41 pm »

We have some Quebecois participants. I actually do not know offhand of any that have moved, but it's quite possible some have. If you come to PorcFest, there is always a Canadian "Free Beavers" pancake breakfast, and that would be a good opportunity to meet with others from Canada.

On this forum, there is Liam Leane (I believe his forum handle is "greap"), who moved from the UK. You could send him a PM, though I'm not sure he's still active on the forum. If you have trouble reaching him, let me know, and I can send you his email address.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up