Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings! and questions  (Read 1864 times)

libertyorbust

Greetings! and questions
« on: February 03, 2016, 05:41:34 pm »

Hello All

I apologize for just putting these into one post on one forum when I'm sure there are some answers to be found and proper places for these questions in other places on the forum...  but when the posting guidelines and advice for new members mentions netscape - you know you have a forum with a lot of history to cover.  I've spent some time looking around and haven't found the answers that I seek.

For the context of my questions, I'm very interested in the FSP and if I could find a suitable revenue stream would be willing to move.  As a dad of 6 with 2 teenagers and a grade-schooler still at home moving is logistically complex and life is expensive. 

First and biggest question:  now that the move is triggered, is the FSP interested in choosing another state (or country!) and triggering another move? (given that it took 14-ish years to trigger this one?)  Or is the idea to concentrate on getting even more right-of-center beings in NH?  I'm not a huge fan of cold and snowy winters personally, as either your dependence on infrastructure or complexity of preparation must increase greatly - not that this would be the biggest consideration but it is *a* consideration.

I'll stop here as other questions may become irrelevant when this one is answered...   many thanks to any and all who take the time to reply! 

KDus

• Made it halfway from CA.
Re: Greetings! and questions
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 06:45:06 pm »

There are other projects but the FSP is the relevant one that is working. NH was a great choice.
The hope of more freedom for my children and being able to say I did something about my complaints, motivates me to deal with winter.

This isn't about left or right, rather working toward very limited government.

libertyorbust

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 08:29:31 pm »

Do you have names / URLs for some of those projects?

Bazil

• not the spice and not the country
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 11:09:50 pm »

1: The FSP is a several stage project.  It's finally moved from stage 2 (collecting signers to move them to a selected state) to stage 3 (actually moving them there).  I assure you there are no plans to add or switch to more states or countries.  However the FSP was intended to be an example that other states and countries could follow in the future.  So there may be other "projects" in the future.

2: The concentration is increased liberty and not "right of center." 

3:  Snow and winter isn't as big of a deal as you think, I've lived in New England my entire life.  I've always learned to deal with things as they come, as a family or individual.  If someone else decided to contribute and help, great and appreciated, but it was never a necessity.  The important thing to remember is statists are attracted to the easy life, so they are attracted to warm places where life is lax and easy, which leads to big government.  Cold doesn't decrease freedom it increases it!  Also it's great to get a snow day from work every once in a while!  It helps to make you feel like a kid again...
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend

KDus

• Made it halfway from CA.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 11:37:17 pm »

I used to follow the Free State Wyoming, but it would go months without a post on the forum; and years without a change to the home page.
There was one on Eastern Europe, too. But I haven't heard anything about it for years.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 06:38:11 pm »

brazil has it right
if we are fairly successful there will only be 10-20k of us in the Shire .... we could always use more concentration of activists :)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude
Pages: [1]   Go Up