Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Future plans of FSP  (Read 2327 times)

Denoch96

Future plans of FSP
« on: February 02, 2016, 05:37:22 am »

Hello, as a 19 year old about to begin attending college, it is simply an economic impossibility for me to move at this point or in the near future. I was just wondering if the FSP will still be accepting new movers in around 5 years time? Or will I miss the party, so to speak?

KDus

• Made it halfway from CA.
Re: Future plans of FSP
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 07:32:54 pm »

At 19, I saw the FSP when it was just an idea and was going to choose a state.
I wish I had moved then, as soon as NH was chosen.
Life will not present an ideal time. You make it a priority, or you don't. I always had a something stopping me; and always would.
No more excuses for me. I agreed to the 20k number and that is what it will take for me to stop making excuses.
The FSP has simple guidelines for participation: I don't see it mattering when you sign or move.

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 12:58:49 pm »

No, we will set up a border patrol checkpoint to stop you from coming here and helping us LOL
http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

Bazil

• not the spice and not the country
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 11:14:51 pm »

19 is easy, but 29 years old, a wife, 2 kids, a house and a job is much harder.  Move the second your done your education, trust me.  Or better yet 19 is a good time go to Dartmouth, UNH or SNHU or maybe a near by college in MA.  You'll be happy you did.
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 11:14:47 am »

Second Bazil's thoughts above.

Something to think about is the fact that NH will always be getting libertarian migrants, from now until the sun explodes or Donald Trump becomes Supreme Emperor and puts us all in the gas chambers. ;) We have close to 2000 movers now, plus over 2500 local "Friends," and in five years we'll probably have 5-10 times that many movers. NH will just get freer and freer, and more and more libertarians from around the world will want to move here.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

LakesRegion

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 04:39:20 pm »

Yes, of course you can always move in the future. At the age of 19 though, I would think it would be easier to move sooner rather than later, but I don't know what your exact circumstances are. Is there anyway you could attend college in NH?

bigqueue

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 10:54:45 pm »

Hello, as a 19 year old about to begin attending college, it is simply an economic impossibility for me to move at this point or in the near future. I was just wondering if the FSP will still be accepting new movers in around 5 years time? Or will I miss the party, so to speak?

I would not think of this as a "one shot" proposition......YES, we are going to get to work and work to increase freedom and liberty, but this is a never-ending work that will continue for generations.....so while we would love you here NOW, another 5 or even 10 years from now would be good too because we will need the fresh energy, ideas and vitality.....

But I concur with many of the others when they suggest that moving here at 19 might be easier since you might have fewer roots or golden handcuffs holding you back.....but have no fear, the movement will be here and will welcome you when you DO come to NH!

-Quentin

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 06:36:16 pm »

moving at 19 is easier than later

but ridley is right ... if you come 10 years from now we will have rolled up the red carpet :)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude
Pages: [1]   Go Up