Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where in NH is a good place to move that meet this criteria  (Read 1496 times)

TheMopPetal2

• sportscarsimage
Where in NH is a good place to move that meet this criteria
« on: January 10, 2016, 08:19:42 pm »

Since the FSP is around 500-600 signers away from triggering the move, I have become more interested in moving to the Shire recently. I would like to move somewhere near Manchester but on the outskirts of the city. I would like to move somewhere where I can buy a few acres of land and build a house on it and grow my own food but still be a reasonable distance from Manchester. Also, what is the cost of living like in the Shire? I currently live in Denver Colorado and average rent for a 2br apartment is around $1200+ if you're lucky and a gallon of milk is around $3.16.
 *Link Removed*   *Link Removed*

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Where in NH is a good place to move that meet this criteria
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 09:19:12 pm »

The urban areas in NH would be around those prices. We used to pay $1600 in rent for a nice, new 2-bedroom with 1200 sq ft and indoor garage. The city we live in (Lebanon) is more expensive than average, however. Prices are lower in the exurbs. If you want affordable land that is within reasonable distance of Manchester, I'd recommend looking into New Boston, Weare, Mont Vernon, and Deering. I like Hillsborough too, but there you're starting to push it with commuting time.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up