Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: visiting maybe tomorrow  (Read 2033 times)

mistyeyes

visiting maybe tomorrow
« on: October 03, 2015, 08:23:46 pm »

Hi,

My wife and I are parked in Cookshire-Eaton PQ at this very moment.  We are in our semi and if we don't have any trouble at the border we hope to cross into NH at Chartierville sometime tomorrow or Monday going South, probably on 93.  We are flatlanders so the mountain roads will be quite an adventure for us, unless there is a different road we should take. (Advice and other terrifying warnings are welcome.) We would be thrilled to meet anyone along the way who had time and interest and who wanted to share some coffee and conversation. We are pensioners so we will be moving fairly slow, therefore not too hard to catch us. NH has been a fantasy for us for some time. This is just a visit but maybe we can find a place, slight preference for grafton area but really any area would be good, where we could maybe park our semi off and on. We don't do facebook, so if that is where most of the people are, maybe someone would be kind enough to copy this to there for us.  I know the timing is not the best and the notice is as short as short can be but we haven't been sure of being able to make the trip so this is the best we can do. PM or email would be welcome if anyone would find that convenient.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: visiting maybe tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 08:08:04 am »

Hi! You can see what's going on around the state at www.nhcalendar.org. Today at 5 PM there's a North Country Porcupines meetup at Dutch Treat in Franconia on Main St. My family & I will be there.

There's another truck driver I know around here who may have some ideas about where to park. His name is John, and his email address is jb@cgsd.com. He's FSP-friendly.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

mistyeyes

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 08:30:37 am »

Thanks for the information. Really appreciate it.

mistyeyes

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 10:50:45 am »

Couldn't get to Franconia in time, sorry, slight delay at the border. Maybe on the way back North which will likely be before next Wednesday.  We are in Bristol at the moment, possibly heading to West Lebanon truck stop for tomorrow and/or wednesday to maybe look at some real estate. If anyone else is going to be nearby, now, then, or on the way, we would love to buy you coffee. I am not doing the internet much because of potentially gargantuan Rogers Roaming Charges so the best way to reach us (as long as we are not driving) is by text (best) or voice to 204-510-7503.

Regards

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 11:10:35 am »

I live in West Leb, would be happy to meet for tea/beer/whatever. Email is the best way to reach me: jason DOT p DOT sorens AT dartmouth DOT edu.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

porcupineamy

• Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 10:35:43 am »

Chris Lopez arranges meet-ups for people visiting. She's on Facebook, or you can reach her at chris.lopez@freestateproject.org

If you have questions on real estate, feel free to reach out to me & Team Porcupine Real Estate at info@porcupinerealestate.com. We'd be happy to help you.
Amy Lowe
Porcupine Real Estate
PorcupineRealEstate.com
 *Link Removed*
Pages: [1]   Go Up