Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Starting Over  (Read 1411 times)

Pork The Pine

Starting Over
« on: September 22, 2015, 11:33:45 pm »

My family has gone through an incredible amount in the past decade. We have six wonderful children that we homeschool who are kind, intelligent human beings. My husband and I are both disabled; myself with PTSD and he with failed back syndrome. We've lost everything multiple times and do not have stable families: his parents were abusive and psychotic; mine druggies and the grandparents that raised me have long since passed. We are decent people. We haven't had much but we try to give back to our communities, our children. Unfortunately, it's not always that easy. We've gone through hell and high water with my in-laws being the terrible creatures that they are and wanting to ruin any chance of happiness for their son. (It seems to be the ol' "if we can't have it neither can he" mentality.) Because of this, our lives have been destroyed and I personally went from being a happy-go-lucky young mother that volunteered and helped others to fearing every person that looks in my general direction. I've had my husbands', children's, and my own life threatened more times than I can recall, and all I want is to get away. I want our names changed and to move so far from here that they can't possibly find us again and I can finally, finally, help put our lives back together.

Does anyone know how hard this is? I've been told it'd be easy if it was my husband threatening us because there are domestic abuse shelters and services to help women in that sort of situation. Is this not domestic terrorism? I've been asked if I could sue for mental anguish, distress... But what's the point? It won't stop it, only make it worse. My credit is so low it should be negative and my husbands is very little on the better side. We can't get loans. Our community has shunned us due to my lovely father-in-law turning to religion simply to use the people in his church against us. Everything about our situation is a terrible mess and I wish for nothing more than to climb out of this hole for our children's sake. I take care of my husband and children, but I still have bad days. I can't stand to hear someone knock at the door for fear of finding my FiL on the other side with a gun. I just want someplace safe. Somewhere that the police don't call or check your house because the same crazy people keep making outrageous statements to try and destroy your life further.

How can I even begin? I have nothing to sell as we only buy used things. We can't magically get a loan and have been laughed at for trying. My children are too young to work but they certainly do chores and I want them to work harder. I was spoiled as a child and I don't want my children to get out into the real world and not know how to wash their own clothes--like I watched happen to my own mother. I want a homestead that I can build myself. I want chickens and a garden. I want a decent life without constant fear. I want to be able to give back to the community again and start helping people. I need something, but I know nothing is free. I don't know what to offer. I can write. I used to freelance. I used to do tech support. I used to design websites. All of that was years ago. My husband used to work on cars and do hard labor, but now he can hardly walk and sometimes can't speak due to a spinal injury.

I need someone to have the decency to help us. Tell me of a wondrous place where I can live in peace without fear. Let me know what I can do to help this project succeed, because seeing that number rise over time has given me more hope than you can imagine.

Thank you.

ptb

• Voluntarist Freethinker
Re: Starting Over
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 10:04:31 am »

As for disappearing, I'd suggest taking a look at the book "How To Be Invisible" by JJ Luna. Not sure how much will apply or work for your situation, but it's somewhere to start at least.
Pages: [1]   Go Up