Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thinking of visiting, from Buffalo, NY  (Read 3726 times)

Shichang

Thinking of visiting, from Buffalo, NY
« on: September 05, 2015, 05:13:37 pm »

Hello everyone!

New potential Free Stater here. I've been in love with the project ever since I watched the 101 Reasons video. All the activism here is amazing, too, like the traffic redirects from police checkpoints! So I've been researching FSP, and I think I'd like to try this.

First question I have is about work. My main trade is an English/Mandarin Chinese interpreter. I wondered if there's any Chinese community in the state. I checked the demographics, and the Asian population is slightly higher than in the area where I live now, so maybe that could work? I'd be willing to teach Chinese as a tutor or something like that too.

There's a lot of things I'd be willing to do to pay my way, though, so I'm flexible. Mostly I just really want to be in a community of like-minded people.

I'm in my 20s, from Buffalo, NY, looking to get my life started. I'll probably be around here to post and learn more, since I'm not on Facebook (Statebook, as one poster eloquently put it). Well, looking forward to hearing from you!

Philip

porcupineamy

• Porcupine Real Estate
Re: Thinking of visiting, from Buffalo, NY
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 05:54:52 am »

Hi Philip & welcome! I'm really not sure about the Chinese population in NH, but I can tell you that there are lots of charter schools where your skills might be welcome. There are also a few homeschool groups that might be open to you teaching a class or two.

There are a lot of Free State groups on Facebook, and I'd say that's probably your best bet for networking & finding opportunities.

Good luck!
Amy Lowe
Porcupine Real Estate
PorcupineRealEstate.com
 *Link Removed*

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 08:15:56 am »

There's a significant Asian population in the Hanover area, and you may be able to find work doing translation for faculty research at Dartmouth.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Shichang

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 04:32:20 pm »

Thanks! I'll give those a look.

tracyleon

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 02:50:40 am »

Well, this is the question I was about to ask. I am an interpreter as well and also I work as a freelance college essay writer. Will there be any position for me in your amazing project?

Stuntman

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 10:43:14 pm »

Can not blame you for wanting to leave Buffalo, progressive capital of the world! ;P

I'm leaving here in 2 weeks and i can not wait!
Pages: [1]   Go Up