Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Militia Defense Groups?  (Read 6084 times)

Retiree

Re: Militia Defense Groups?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2017, 02:24:58 am »

First of all I would preface this by noting that I would not join any militia. Furthermore, I would stress that advocating the violent overthrow of government is both illegal (treasonous) and immoral.

However, the idea of having a group of people who altruistically work together to help others is one that many libertarians I know support. To that end, what about training to support search and rescue or to assist in disasters? This has the same benefits of “militia training” but with a positive focus. (not to mention without the connotations of treason and violence)

KDus

• Made it halfway from CA.
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 04:43:55 pm »

Anecdotes:
Moved to Missouri. Discovered they have an actual actively trained Militia that gets a little funding from Riverboat gambling via the Sec of State. (Wikipedia is wrong)
They are subservient to the Nat Guard, thus I can't support it.

Took my brothers shooting. They own guns, we are Eagle Scouts and one of them is a prison guard. They had trouble hitting the paper.

Lesson: The right to bear arms ain't worth much if you don't know what to do with it.

Retiree

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2017, 05:12:24 am »

one of them is a prison guard . . . [and] had trouble hitting the paper.

Shocking shocking! I once saw the LA sheriffs cadets shoot, the safest place on that range was right in front of the targets.

ThomJeff

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2017, 10:22:05 pm »

I tend to prefer organization, but oppose centralization.

However in this age of technology, being able to keep in constant communication with other "militants" is probably all the organization we would need.

Are there any gun clubs that you know of? That could be a good start.

Militia ≠Militants...these are DRASTICALLY different things. The latter being the sort of thing I would imagine the FSP is not in support of.

TheMopPetal2

• sportscarsimage
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2018, 03:55:45 pm »

I think Derrick Bronze idea of Freedom Cells(which is similar to OathKeepers CPT) is a good one and I think it’s something that could flourish in NH. Basically you have groups of 5-9 people who all learn specialized skills like growing food, building shelters, canning, self defense, etc and each person whose an expert in their skill teaches everyone else their skill so that everyone has a working knowledge. Much like CPT the goal of a freedom cell is to be able to survive any sort of disaster or emergency situation as a community weather it’s an economic collapse, a natural disaster, or something else. I think where it differs from Oath Keepers version is the decentralized nature of Freedom Cells. You could have several Freedom Cells voluntarily join together for strength in numbers and mutual aid benefit during an emergency and then disband when it’s over.

I am going to be moving to NH within the next 3 years and I’m also interested in joining or setting up a Freedom Cell or CPT type group.
 *Link Removed*   *Link Removed*
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up