Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Militia Defense Groups?  (Read 5782 times)

QBcrusher

• Liberty Archives
Militia Defense Groups?
« on: August 23, 2015, 12:56:21 pm »

Are there any established libertarian militias yet up in NH?

I know the FSP has a "no violence" policy, but I assume there is an exception for self-defense (wouldn't be much of a freedom project if there wasn't).

I think the sooner a defensive army is organized up there, the better. I'd hate to see NH become District 13 from The Hunger Games (and ironically, District 13 IS New Hampshire geographically).

I see on the statistics there are some former/current military involved in the FSP, have any stepped up yet to teach what they know? Love or hate the military (I tend to lean towards the latter, although I give people a chance redeem themselves), they do a very good job at training people in armed combat.
One of the biggest, resilient, liberty oriented archiving efforts on the internet

http://libertyarchives.info

elkingrey

• Daily Anarchist
Re: Militia Defense Groups?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 02:52:28 pm »

Sadly, there is no "public" NH militia in New Hampshire.

I'm an anarchist who would have really enjoyed joining the military for the training, discipline, camaraderie, etc. but was unwilling to do so because of how corrupt of an organization it is.

I hope that some sort of organization that resembles boot camp and combat training pops up in New Hampshire in the near future, but ISN'T run by minarchists who continue to wave the flag, or support the "republic" etc.

My ideal militia would be run by anarchists, for anarchists, whose sole purpose is combat training. More like a for-profit combat school. No real organization that would obviously be infiltrated by the feds. There are for profit schools for martial arts. For profit schools for marksmanship, etc. But no such thing as military style combat training.

I'm actually kind of baffled that ex-military haven't created such a thing yet. There are plenty of ex-military turned anarchist, but they never think to share their knowledge in a for-profit type model. Shame really. I'd pay good money for three months of boot camp combat training. I doubt very many others would, though. So, there's that. Simply not enough demand.

Maybe in the future when more people start to think like I do will it be economically feasible to pull something like that off.

QBcrusher

• Liberty Archives
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 03:07:13 pm »

I'd pay for something like that as well as long as it wasn't insanely overpriced. I think a lot of people join the military just for the training, it's hard to believe that there isn't a demand for such a thing.

Maybe as more people move up there it would happen. If this is a serious thing (trying to make liberty happen), then it is in EVERYBODIES interest to have well armed, well trained people willing to defend it.

The whole project will be pointless if 20,000 make it there, start making some serious progress and the Feds start locking people up for various sketchy reasons and extraditing them out of state.

A lot of people say I am being negative when I say these kinds of things, but I'm just being a realist. I understand how the state works at this point, and I would be a fool to think they wouldn't play dirty against an organized effort to display what true liberty looks like and show off the prosperity it can bring.

I don't necessarily think a standing army is the right solution, but I envision something like the colonial minutemen. Hundreds of well-trained people who are willing to defend against aggression at a minutes notice.
One of the biggest, resilient, liberty oriented archiving efforts on the internet

elkingrey

• Daily Anarchist
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 03:40:22 pm »

Yes, I agree. Carla Gericke, the FSP President, often refers to New Hampshire as the Switzerland of the United States. Well, I'd love to see the "citizenry" of "New Hampshire" be comprised of tens of thousands of well trained and disciplined individuals, even if they aren't "organized" in any sort of official "militia."

QBcrusher

• Liberty Archives
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 03:44:09 pm »

I tend to prefer organization, but oppose centralization.

However in this age of technology, being able to keep in constant communication with other "militants" is probably all the organization we would need.

Are there any gun clubs that you know of? That could be a good start.

elkingrey

• Daily Anarchist
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 07:17:12 pm »

I do not know of any good gun clubs. I was given the signup form for one of the "best" I was told and it required joining the NRA in order to join the club/range. I threw it away.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 07:18:02 pm »

Enfield Outing Club is highly regarded in my area.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Bounds Family

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 11:52:56 am »

« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 09:56:41 pm by Bounds Family »

QBcrusher

• Liberty Archives
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 10:29:21 pm »

I am a former Marine with skilled training in and out of the corps. I am also a gun enthusiast, but not a gun toter.
How could I be anyway, living in Southern CA? Land of big government and home of the sheep. I am moving to NH in October so I don't know anyone there yet, but I will check things out and keep this in mind. I think a good start is just simply having people familiar with weapons and how to use them safely. With the confidence of properly using a weapon then you have skilled, calm, confident people with a weapon who can make good decisions in stressful situations. I am not interested in a militia macho group. I am interested in, an experienced weaponized group who would have a synchronized and well organized plan, God forbid, should we need to defend our state or FSP against those who would try to oppress or suppress us.

I am not a quasi militant nut but a God fearing family man. But if we truly want to "Live Free Or DIE", then we need to have some sort of plan, given the worst scenario. Even if it's by a foreign government. Proper preparation by training and meeting, even in small groups or gun clubs is not silly though. It may be the difference of survival.
E. G. Cliven Bundy and the BLM in Nevada. Militia are standing by him for what they all believe in.

As long as we are not like the ostrich, and continue communicating about these things, they should evolve naturally. I can't imagine living under the motto of living free or dying and then having our heads in a hole, if someone tries to impose will on us! Preparing for what we hope never comes is essential.

May God bless the US, NH, & the FSP.

Sounds good Bounds. I think we will have plenty of people who realize being trained is essential. Keep in touch.

MikeyL

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2015, 12:56:47 am »

There are said to be militias, especially up north, but they are quiet and reserved. Occasionally, youll see a three percenter flag. Actually in general, youll see a lot of that attitude. If NH ever were attacked by the Feds, most of the people would form up to defend. I am skeptical that would ever happen. By the time we would be able to pursue independence, it would be too late for the Feds to do anything.

Training is a good idea tho.
Mikey Luther on Facebook

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2015, 08:45:29 pm »

http://Oathkeepers.org has been promoting things like this for preparedness. The Bundy ranch was/is assisted by Oathkeepers and CSPOA. I don't trust CSPOA much, because they may be controlled by Mormons, and their religion is very abusive, I believe. Oathkeepers also associates with the John Birch Society, which I don't trust either. But Oathkeepers' principles seem to be very good.

Oathkeepers promotes Community Preparedness Teams, which is explained at http://oathkeepers.org/oktester/cpt-community-preparedness-teams/.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 08:57:34 pm by Luck »

bmyze316

• FSP Participant
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2015, 12:44:05 pm »

I would definitely be interested in joining a militia group in NH. My family and I are moving to NH within the next two months. We will be in the Greenfield area, near Keene and Manchester. I am an Army veteran and 3 time combat infantrymen. message me if anyone wants to start a local group.
My family and I will be settling in the Greenfield area (between Keene and Manchester). Hopefully by February 1, 2016.

EngulfandDevour

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2016, 11:11:42 am »

Here's a link to a Washington Times article about a survey conducted by the Military Times that says the military is made up of a whopping 9% libertarians and climbing fast!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/25/military-no-less-conservative-less-republican-surv/

Should things start taking off in NH, I think they'll have our backs. 

Instinct2Bfree

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2017, 09:04:40 am »

I agree with elkingrey. Ex-military turned anarchist would be most valuable towards the push for real freedom. People need to stop dodging the fact that real,bloody revolution is required to protect our goal of a stateless society. Flaunting freedom and the growing police state do not mesh. Head on collision is imminent. 2nd best thing you can do (besides real combat training) is  arm yourself to the teeth. Learn to shoot. Be physically fit. Know that we need DISSIDENTS.  "Oathkeepers" is a statist organization that will get us no where. You can't beat the system and abide by the system at the same time. "peace" officers are police officers and you'll never remove the statism from their indoctrinated brains. I have far more respect for the black hoodie wearing molotov throwers than any statist. You either GET IT or you DON"T GET IT.
"No,I didn't come here to seize the power for myself. I came here to DESTROY it."            (part of Grant's speech from THE IRON WEB by Larken Rose)

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 03:52:27 pm »

Promoting violent revolution is not acceptable - a longstanding FSP policy. I've banned this user, who's also been repeatedly making off-topic posts.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

anything