Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Agorist musician/artist family strongly considering making the move  (Read 3145 times)

TheZyzzybalubah

• Zyzzybalubah Music & Art

Hello Free Staters, let me introduce myself. I'm 30 years old, my name is Nicholas, I have a wife of 2 years now named Mary, and a little dog named Skamp (a papillon/chihuahua mix) that we hope to breed soon to keep his lineage in our family forever :)

I am a musician, composer, producer, vocalist, multi-instrumentalist, studio and mastering engineer, advertising jingle composer, writer, sculptor, visual artist (traditional, digital and mixed media), animation and video artist, code and design my own website, market myself, and provide all of my work free of license and the violent threats of "intellectual property" laws by placing everything I make in the Public Domain (no copyright, no rights reserved) for anyone to use/sell/sample/transform/distribute/share free of charge. Forgoing the traditional paywall and monopolist model, I ask those who enjoy my work for support through donation, tipping, events, crowd-funding, and freelance commission as an alternative model for funding and expanding the scope of my work.

My wife is a visual artist (traditional, digital, and mixed media), graphic design for advertising small business, wedding and event decorator, craftswoman, and makes/sells art furniture. We have both self-taught ourselves all these skills from a young age and have always been DIY Agorists at heart.

Like many others our family has been dramatically impacted and exploited by the violence and predation of State thugs traumatically invading and violating all facets of our life, home, safety, friends, family, loved ones and everything we hold dear.

We currently live in the amish countryside of Eastern PA. We moved here seeking refuge from the extremely aggressive and illegal (violating the actual municipal code) town parking and towing extortion rackets that prayed on residents and businesses where we had lived before. We believed we were living in relative safety in the countryside, but we were very wrong. Our house was violently broken into and invaded by plain clothed "Constables" from several jurisdictions away over a "following too closely" traffic citation after a dishonest driver decided to commit fraud, theatrically feign injury and exploit a damage-less bumper tap. The officer involved didn't bother to collect our information and then later played phone tag with us, leaving threatening voicemail about sending citations. The citation was "returned to sender" multiple times by the post office because it was never even sent to the right address yet somehow they magically knew where we lived to break in and cause sheer terror. They just took it upon themselves to do whatever the hell they want, knowing they could do it with no consequence. Few things are more terrifying and traumatizing then having the place where you live, work, eat, and sleep violated by beefed out thugs who arrive unannounced in a unmarked black van, plain clothes, start slamming on the windows, wildly started screaming like monsters, and then violently force entry through the door of my home. All without identification, without a search warrant, warning, anything. I had no idea these were "law enforcement" until right before they left and they finally showed their hidden badge and merely flashed some paperwork at me.

It is only by a miracle that I didn't unknowingly attempt to defend my home. At the time only me and my dog were at home. Had I done so, I would probably be dead today. I had to hide my dog in terror that they would shoot him. We also grew tomatoes, potatoes, and vegetables in our basement during the winter, and here I was thinking they were "raiding" us thinking it was pot. Nope, it was all over a failed-to-deliver "following too closely" citation. These monsters told me afterwards that they thought we had children too. God forbid my future children ever have to experience this kind of nightmare trauma ever in their lives.

Suffice to say, we no longer feel safe in this area at all. We are losing hope that there is anywhere that we can build a family even slightly free of the violence of human ownership, institutional crime and thuggery. We plan to peacefully parent, homeschool, and raise many children soon, so finding somewhere safe to live peacefully is something we take extremely seriously.  I remembered the Free State Project and started watching videos about the community, the agorism, networking, enthusiasm for liberty, and activism for abolition going on in New Hampshire. After seeing your progress I am starting to have hope again.

We are very interested in migrating to the area and getting involved in the FSP community. We live about 7 hours away right now and would enjoy having the chance to visit, talk with, and meet people involved with the FSP and have made the move. If you have any recommendations or resources for families planning to move to NH we would be very grateful for any help. Also if you know of anyone who is need of the services and talents me and my wife have to offer, we have an abundance of unique talent and ability that we would love to market.

My main websites are:
www.zyzzyworld.com (for music)
www.zyzzyworld.com/coloringbook (my latest work)
www.zyzzyworld.com/download/art/aceo1.html (for my art gallery)

Nice to meet you!
- Nicholas, Mary, and Skamp :)

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Agorist musician/artist family strongly considering making the move
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 08:10:57 pm »

Frightening story, and one that I've heard too often from around the country. I won't pretend NH is perfect, but something like that is unlikely to happen here outside of a rogue-department situation.

Definitely lots of agorism happening here. You should visit! Drop the FSP Welcome Wagon a line, and we can set up a meet-and-greet for your family while you're here.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

porcupineamy

• Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 08:51:04 am »

We've had a lot of escapees from PA, so you're in good company. The few graphic designers I've heard of always seem very busy, for whatever that's worth.

If you need any help with rentals or real estate, let me know. If you need info on NH towns, you can find some helpful info here: http://porcupinerealestate.com/Resources.asp

Good luck!
Amy Lowe
Porcupine Real Estate
PorcupineRealEstate.com
 *Link Removed*

TheZyzzybalubah

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 10:40:03 am »

Are there particular areas where most FSP participants migrated to, or is it just all throughout and anywhere in New Hampshire.

Particularly, what areas do you think are the safest from State/Township/Borough/County incursion?

We love the countryside and I don't think we could bring ourselves to live in a Town ever again. We see these concentrations as the headquarters of State (where it lives, operates, preys, and claims the most authority on "right" of force). No matter how small, these seem to be rife with local corruption and predatory extortion rackets where ever you go.

Also, here is my facebook:

www.facebook.com/che.tralfara

Would love to talk more directly with others who've made the move if there is a chatroom or way we can do instant message or live chat.

I do have Skype: ngathany@live.com
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 11:04:08 am by TheZyzzybalubah »

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 02:52:56 pm »

If you're interested in house prices, taxes, commuting time, zoning laws, and conservatism and libertarianism in the electorate by town, you can find all that here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3904587/nhtowns15.xls
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

TheZyzzybalubah

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 03:04:28 pm »

Ideally we would like to look into somewhere we can rent. We haven't felt safe with the idea of owning property in the current environment. I appreciate your help and am definitely checking out these resources :)

EDIT: That last link is giving me an "Error (500)"

"Something went wrong. Don't worry, your files are still safe and the Dropboxers have been notified. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home."
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 03:09:15 pm by TheZyzzybalubah »

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 07:53:33 pm »

Weird. It works for me, and it's a public link available to everyone. Hm... If you try again and it still doesn't work, I'll email it to you.

TheZyzzybalubah

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 03:21:18 pm »

It's working now, thank you :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up