Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opening a coffee shop  (Read 1819 times)

RDeWalt

Opening a coffee shop
« on: July 19, 2015, 06:57:29 pm »

since i have never been to NH, do people there drink a lot of coffee? Im assuming they drink it all year long since summers are mild, and winter is well, cold. (live in a desert now, its more seasonal)

My wife and I want to open a little family coffee shop, and im wondering if anyone could give me any insight. Any info would help, thanks

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Opening a coffee shop
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 10:43:32 pm »

Coffee's huge, though I don't drink it (I prefer tea). Dunkin Donuts are everywhere for people's morning - and evening - coffee fixes.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

RDeWalt

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 08:14:24 am »

cool, love dunkin'... we don't have any near us in Cali unfortunately

JonM

• First 1000
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 12:07:34 pm »

Strictly coffee, or will there be baked goods as well?  And southern or central NH?  Dunkin franchises are quite expensive, and I believe they require you to open a few satellite locations, assuming you can actually buy a franchise.  If you want to set up an independent shop, well the odds are probably against you.  I don't drink coffee myself, but I know most places that sell coffee also do baked goods, ala dunkin and starbucks, as well as a bakery cafe along 111 near Benson Park in Hudson, but that's more a bakery that does coffee than the other way around.  There's also a place called Five Star Espresso that is a drive through coffee stand on 3A in Hudson.  Haven't seen many of those around, and that one is a TINY building with drive throughs on either side.

So the question is, do you want a just coffee place like five star, or a cafe that also has food?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything