Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The state of this forum, and FSP.  (Read 3659 times)

mattrwagner

• Hike more mountains. Drink more IPAs.
The state of this forum, and FSP.
« on: June 06, 2015, 06:46:07 am »

I was investigating the info/statistics page out of curiosity because I assumed this place would be a lot busier. I'm sure alot of new participants or people thinking about participating notice the same thing so I'll just elephant porcupine in the room this and ask; the forum isn't an accurate representation of the actual state of the project right? it looked like between 2003-2005 was a huge amount of participation, averaging 3k posts per month on this site, then there was a random and sudden drop by almost half that almost doesn't even make sense. (was there a banning spree or something? or was this when a new site/platform was released?) And since, there has been a steady decline to a sad ~300 posts per month. a tenth of what there was 10 years ago.

Now I know how the internet works so I'm willing to attribute this to just the drop in popularity of boards in light of better forms of social media, I just was hoping for some actual insight on how things are looking for FSP these days in the real world, if growth is exploding, stagnant, or even in decline (Which I can't imagine, given the new wave of libertarians created by a generation of pissed off Obama believers)- and if there are better places to get involved with the project if this forum is no longer the platform of choice.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: The state of this forum, and FSP.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 09:23:44 am »

Facebook has nearly killed this forum, but not quite. Some of us are still quite active here. If you want to see what's really going on in the FSP, you can join the Facebook groups "Free State Project," "Free State Project Welcome Wagon," "Porcupines," etc., and like the Free State Project page. Or visit. :) A look at the NH Liberty Calendar gives you a sense of what's going on in meatspace: http://www.nhcalendar.org .
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Jerry B

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 09:46:31 am »

Mdj

• Mark Douglas Jacobsen
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 01:52:58 am »

I am dropping my fedbook account due to privacy concerns. It is a personal choice and I suggest others do the same.

Bazil

• not the spice and not the country
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 11:30:33 am »

I wouldn't worry too much about the government watching you on FB.  Firstly, only post things on there you don't mind the NSA looking at.  Secondly, even if you are doing something illegal and you posted it to FB in a way, that say only your very closest friends could see.  You still wouldn't have to worry, because even if the NSA sees what you're doing they can't lift a finger without revealing their monitoring program.  Additionally since the kind of monitoring they are doing is illegal any evidence they collect is inadmissible in court. 

Now if the government decided to drop the act and openly and overtly act outside the constitution and the law then you'd be in trouble.  However so would everyone else who's ever used the internet.  I'm sure those servers (planted at major internet hubs) are archiving every packet that comes through and have been for at least a decade if not more.  So if you've transmitted it over the internet they've probably got it, no FB needed.  At least if you're in the US anyway.
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 06:27:29 pm »

Most of the free staters' web traffic is on Facebook now Matt.  I wish that were not the case... maybe we can draw some of them back here as Facebook draws the noose around their necks with additional rules and restrictions.  
http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

Stuntman

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 10:07:59 pm »

I attempted to delete my facebook again last night. let's see how long this lasts...

but yes i agree, message boards have really suffered with the facebook explosion
Pages: [1]   Go Up