Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for friends.  (Read 2841 times)

mrrobertbates

Looking for friends.
« on: May 19, 2015, 10:24:14 am »

Hi everybody.   I moved to NH last August (mover # 1366 if memory serves), but I have been so preoccupied with getting stable work and survival I haven't been very sociable.  Consequently I haven't made many friends. 

I would like to fix that.  Suggestions?
*Link Removed*

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Looking for friends.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 07:51:22 pm »

Come to an event! Check out http://www.nhcalendar.org for what's going on around the state. Where are you exactly?
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

mrrobertbates

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 10:23:04 am »

Thanks for the response.  I had forgotten about that calendar.  Thanks for the reminder.

I'm located in Manchester.
*Link Removed*

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 02:42:42 pm »

Big community there, lots going on. You could stop by a New Movers Party at the Q, a Taproom Tuesday at Murphy's, or Merrimack Valley Porcupines, which meet once a month.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

freedomroad

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 11:18:33 pm »

Start attending events. There are maybe a dozen in Manchester each week. Liberty Forum, the 2nd biggest event was also held in Manchester this year. I hope to meet you soon.

mrrobertbates

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 03:39:50 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions guys.  Looks like I will be attending more events in the immediate future.
*Link Removed*

Stuntman

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 01:09:54 am »

whats the word?

Celestelline

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 11:02:27 am »

I was hoping this forum was busier. It seems long periods of time go by without any interaction  :-\

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
    • My Homepage
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 01:58:18 pm »

I was hoping this forum was busier. It seems long periods of time go by without any interaction  :-\

The vast majority of the discussions have migrated to Facebook. Are you in NH or outside NH?

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 02:57:48 pm »

I checked out the Facebook page a couple months ago and there didn't seem to be much going on there. So I have put in most of my time here. A lot of people seem to read most of what I post here, so, even though few people participate, I figure it's worthwhile to post, if people are reading.

To find friends out of state, you'll have to try Craigslist ads or meetup.com etc. In NH you'll have to go to the Free Staters, Liberty and Agorist events.

You might be able to make some friends on the Facebook page, or on libertarian FB pages etc. There was a Twitter group, but I don't know if it's still going.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 03:00:37 pm by Luck »

Celestelline

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2016, 01:57:59 pm »

The vast majority of the discussions have migrated to Facebook. Are you in NH or outside NH?
I currently live in NY. Hoping to move to New Hampshire within a year or so. I really dislike Facebook and am trying to get away from there.

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 10:41:09 am »

You can post relevant news and info on the forum, like I do, if you like. People seldom comment, but they seem to read it. You're also welcome to comment on any of what's posted. Or you could start a blog on a thread and keep us posted on what you're doing and thinking, esp. whatever relates to moving to NH or FSP-related.
Pages: [1]   Go Up