Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camping Options  (Read 2202 times)

pudge27

Camping Options
« on: May 13, 2015, 12:48:54 pm »

Hello all,

So this will be my first PorcFest that I will be attending this year. I will be traveling from about 2-3 hours away, but can only stay for 2 days, 1 night. I was surprised to find out that camping was not included in the ticket price. I was even more surprised when I found out that to book a camp site, you are required to book a minimum of SEVEN NIGHTS with Roger's Campground. And lastly, I was surprised to find from reading the boards that apparently all of the other accommodations at nearby hotels are booked up.

In all honesty, I am somewhat disheartened at the lack of options available for this event. Part of the attraction for me is not having to drive around after I've arrived; but rather have a chance to camp next to, and get to know other like-minded people attending. Isn't that the point of having a festival at a giant farm? I've been to about 6 multiple day festivals before, and never been to one where camping is not included in the price. Then to find out that I may have to drive 10-15 minutes away to rent a hotel room somewhere...is there some other option that I am missing here? Am I overlooking some obvious aspect?

Andrew

Rivera_family

Re: Camping Options
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 02:53:21 pm »

I saw on the porcfest Facebook group that someone was "subletting" their tent pace for a few days. Maybe you can find a place that way or share a tent site with someone for just part of the event. Good luck!

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 05:47:35 pm »

Lots of tent-site sharing and subletting happens. I recommend looking into that route. We are staying at the Coos Motor Lodge offsite. There's also another campground about a 10-minute drive from Rogers: http://www.mtnlakecampground.com/
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Rivera_family

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 02:40:30 pm »

Also under the lodging tab there is someone looking to share a site. Maybe that helps? Good luck!

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 07:15:45 pm »

I replied to your other thread. Hope that helps!
Pages: [1]   Go Up