Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Agriculture and NH  (Read 1317 times)

ScraySJS

Agriculture and NH
« on: March 12, 2015, 02:32:29 pm »

I am 24 going on 25 years old, and I'm looking for where I should move to farm.  To be honest, NH is appealing to me because of this project, but I do not have the experience necessary to receive funding to farm NH.

I have Florida experience in agriculture, building non-profit organizations, leading grassroots campaigns, and everything else community building.  I'm living in Kentucky right now where my father lives, establishing a large scale garden farming system to feed the local neighbors (when you live in a town of 1,400 that tends to be the entire extended family [by marriage]).  I study Permaculture, and I do not have money;  I will be trying to save some up this year, although the job prospects out here aren't plenty.   I  have over three years agriculture experience already, however, and I'm pretty sure I could farm NH (with Permaculture)... I just don't know how I'd start.

I am always drawn to capitols, and between Concord and Manchester looks right to me.  Who has a farm?  Who knows about farming projects that could use help in exchange for food and resting place?  I would then be able to find work in either Concord or Manchester and start my roots in NH.

I'm not looking until the end of this year.  My sister is getting married in Carolina, and we'll be out of this year's growing season... time to find somewhere new!

Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Next 1000
Re: Agriculture and NH
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 02:59:52 pm »

You might want to check out http://bardoproject.com/  in Croydon, NH.

They have a Festival every summer and the folks there could fill you in on the farm scene in NH. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up