Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Staters getting traction  (Read 1413 times)

freedomroad

Free Staters getting traction
« on: March 10, 2015, 10:06:49 am »

March 07. 2015 7:20PM
Free Staters getting traction

By TIM BUCKLAND
New Hampshire Union Leader
- See more at: http://www.unionleader.com/article/20150308/NEWS0621/150309212#sthash.UiRMkeA3.dpuf

Neither Paul nor any of the people talking like they may run for President was at Libery Forum on Saturday. Even so, there was enthusiasm among those people gathered at the forum.
Carla Gericke, the group's president, said the Free State Project has attracted 1,700 movers to the state so far and gotten 16,500 more to pledge that they plan to move. She said the project has obtained tax-exempt status from the IRS and is hoping to grow.
"We've always run on a shoestring budget," she said. "We need to start fundraising to kick it up a notch."

Gericke said she thought "it's too early" to invite potential presidential candidates, but said organizers are hoping to schedule next year's conference in the runup to New Hampshire's first-in-the-nation primary election and likely will invite candidates to speak.
Like others, Gericke said she is interested in Paul as a candidate, but she isn't as focused on national politics.

"We're an educational organization," she said. "To be honest, I'm much more interested in local politics. I feel the federal level is not really going to change things."
The project's founder, Jason Sorens, also identified Paul, saying he is "probably more libertarian" than any other candidate, but said he is also watching former Va. Gov. Jim Gilmore.

Everyone interviewed at the event, which is in its eighth year, mentioned Paul as someone they would support or were at least be interested in as a candidate.
"He's probably the least objectionable," said Michael January, who is trying to convince his family to move from Maryland to New Hampshire.

"For me, Rand Paul. I liked him early," said Patrick Lacy of Connecticut, who said he plans to move to New Hampshire in the next few years.
Lacy said he is also keeping an eye on Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, saying he liked the governor's ability to get the controversial Right-to-Work legislation passed in Wisconsin. - See more at: http://www.unionleader.com/article/20150308/NEWS0621/150309212#sthash.UiRMkeA3.dpuf
Pages: [1]   Go Up