Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4th of July Vacation in NH  (Read 2663 times)

Adrum

4th of July Vacation in NH
« on: March 01, 2015, 03:56:48 pm »

I'm planning a family vacation to NH with my family this year for the 4th of July.  It will be our first time visiting NH.  So, what's the 411 on 4th of July celebrations in NH?  Who's got the best fireworks, parade, or other such festivities?  We haven't figured out exactly where we'll be staying yet, but don't mind driving -- most likely a resort somewhere between Laconia & Lincoln.  Our whole purpose for this trip is to see the state and meet the people of NH, to start to "get a feel" for the place.
Thanks for your help!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 08:41:56 pm by Adrum »

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: 4th of July Vacation in NH
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 07:19:39 pm »

Sunapee Harbor usually has a big celebration, but I've never seen it: http://www.lake-sunapee-living.com/Sunapee-Calendar.html
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Advocatus Diaboli

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 01:21:39 pm »

Typically, just like any other place people spend the day picnicking with family & friends (not tourists) then fireworks at sundown. The 4th this year is a Sat. which is nice. Locals don't like the noise & traffic tourists bring, but they will take your happily money, so bring lots of it. I have no idea what you think you might "feel," the busiest vacation day of the year is similar to other tourist spots, jammed highways and restaurants, crowds. The mondo fireworks are in Boston. personally they bore me. I'll go hiking to get away from tourists as I live on the ocean and it's a nightmare.

Adrum

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 02:15:00 pm »

Thanks for the replies.  I get the whole tourists thing -- I live in Orlando for crying out loud.  [sarcasm]Your tears about tourists get no sympathy from me.[/sarcasm]  Last time we went out of state for the 4th we ended finding a great small town parade & picnic that created some of the fondest memories for my kids, even though we were just tourists.  We were hoping we might find something similar in NH this year.

freedomroad

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 06:46:14 pm »

The government tourist website and NewHampshire.com are the best places to learn about upcoming tourism stuff and fireworks in New Hampshire. The government website is always great.

http://www.visitnh.gov/

http://www.newhampshire.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up