Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What should I expect without Right-to-Work Laws?  (Read 1753 times)

Quinz128

What should I expect without Right-to-Work Laws?
« on: January 23, 2015, 04:05:33 am »

Hello folks, I am interested in moving out of Florida and do have my eye towards New Hampshire, however, I noticed it is not a Right To Work State and as such that has me concerned. I have lived most my life and all my adult life in Florida, where I don't have to worry about works and pressures to join or not join a Union and want to know what to expect if I want a job in Hospitality. I am a Night Auditor and wish to continue being so or even advancing myself to Management for a Hotel. Now I do not wish to join a Union as I prefer bargaining for my own wages, benefits, etc as that is how I have done things and am slightly concerned from some stories I have heard from other states and wish to know anything I should know in advance before cementing my selection/move.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 04:37:13 am by Quinz128 »

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: What should I expect without Right-to-Work Laws?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 08:12:23 pm »

Even though NH is not RTW, the union density rate is very low. http://unionstats.gsu.edu/MonthlyLaborReviewArticle.htm 11.5% of workers are covered by a collective bargaining agreement, and the rate will be lower in the private sector alone.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Advocatus Diaboli

Re: What should I expect without Right-to-Work Laws?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 01:04:47 pm »

Unions are useless here, you will be free to be abused by any employer, they will love you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up