Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why do I not hear or see any major criticism of Free Keene and Ian Bernard?  (Read 16167 times)

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
Re: Why do I not hear or see any major criticism of Free Keene and Ian Bernard?
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2014, 08:50:33 am »

I admit it's probably way too optimistic of me to have hope that the troll actually left, but now you guys are just feeding the troll.

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2014, 01:08:50 pm »

He's been around here for years.
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

Argentum

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2014, 02:34:34 pm »

I'll still stay on these forums posting and replying to others,  but I promise not to respond to anyone who has called me a troll.  I think that's fair.

lildog

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2014, 03:07:09 pm »

An underlying theme to my post was that I was seriously considering making the move.  But if I'm going to have to spend effort and energy trying to distance myself from FK, then it's probably not worth it.

In the interest of full disclosure.  I am not an activist. It would be pointless where I live.  But I feel I could be a decent activist if I were in the right place.

And I also want to thank everyone for their thoughtful and respectful replies to my posts.

Disclosure on my part: I lived in NH before the free state project started so I'm not a free stater but I do agree with their ideas.

That said, I don't think you have to spend energy and effort distancing yourself from F.K..  In fact if you want you don't even need to identify yourself as someone involved in the free state project.

If you are a good person and have good ideas, it doesn't matter if you claim to be from Group Z or Group A, people will listen to you and if you are lucky your ideas will plant seeds that will grow.  And yes, there will always be those who disagree and sometimes those who disagree are the extremists on the other side who will look for any reason to attack whether its justified or not.

Argentum

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2014, 04:07:09 pm »

An underlying theme to my post was that I was seriously considering making the move.  But if I'm going to have to spend effort and energy trying to distance myself from FK, then it's probably not worth it.

In the interest of full disclosure.  I am not an activist. It would be pointless where I live.  But I feel I could be a decent activist if I were in the right place.

And I also want to thank everyone for their thoughtful and respectful replies to my posts.

Disclosure on my part: I lived in NH before the free state project started so I'm not a free stater but I do agree with their ideas.

That said, I don't think you have to spend energy and effort distancing yourself from F.K..  In fact if you want you don't even need to identify yourself as someone involved in the free state project.

If you are a good person and have good ideas, it doesn't matter if you claim to be from Group Z or Group A, people will listen to you and if you are lucky your ideas will plant seeds that will grow.  And yes, there will always be those who disagree and sometimes those who disagree are the extremists on the other side who will look for any reason to attack whether its justified or not.

lildog,

Thanks for the well thought out suggestion.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2014, 06:19:14 pm »

I'll still stay on these forums posting and replying to others,  but I promise not to respond to anyone who has called me a troll.  I think that's fair.

So, since I haven't called you a troll, can I expect an actual reply to my post addressing the issues with your claims?
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2014, 09:25:08 pm »

Hey Argentum,

I see you ignored Maineshark's thoughtful post about age of consent.

Rather than just vaguely accusing me of having some sort of outrageous view, why don't you just get specific?

Was the video posted by the Stop Free Keene people (who are pretty statist) a mischaracterization of your position? Was it unfairly edited?

What was your understanding of my position?

I'm still waiting on your answer to my question as well, thank you.
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up