Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: LibertyBallot.com - Recommendations on how to vote in New Hampshire  (Read 8237 times)

freedomroad

New Hampshire is the only state in the nation with a database with sample ballots filled out. This database is LibertyBallot.com. This seems to be another selling point for New Hampshire. Why are liberty activists NOT doing this in any other states? Why is New Hampshire the only state where liberty activists are able to accomplish such tasks? It makes you wonder.

Have you made up your mind in all of the races yet? Voting for liberty can be complicated - make it easy with http://LibertyBallot.com! Just click on your town and then click “Get Ballot”. You will see a sample ballot filled out with a list of recommendations put together by dozens of New Hampshire liberty activists. Take a photo of the ballot, use your phone to bring it up while in the voting booth or even print out a copy for yourself but please remember to NOT leave any paper in the voting booth. Some of the races have more than one good candidate. Use http://LibertyBallot.com as a jumping off point for your own research.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
Re: LibertyBallot.com - Recommendations on how to vote in New Hampshire
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 04:16:58 pm »

I clicked a bunch of them to check it out, but it only brought up Republican ballots.
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

Karl Appleby

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 09:42:51 pm »

Hey do I need to register as a Republican to vote in the Republican primary on Sept 9th ?

Also, is the primary on Sept 9th only Democratic and Republican, meaning that other parties in the general election running on the ballot will not have a primary on Sept 9 th ? Ive never actually voted in a primary, as far as I understand its a vote only by your registered party ?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 09:48:10 pm by Karl Appleby »

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 10:18:51 pm »

Hey do I need to register as a Republican to vote in the Republican primary on Sept 9th ?

Yes.  You can go in, change your registration to Republican, take the Republican ballot, and then change back to Independent on your way out.
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

freedomroad

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 11:01:38 pm »

Also, is the primary on Sept 9th only Democratic and Republican, meaning that other parties in the general election running on the ballot will not have a primary on Sept 9 th ? Ive never actually voted in a primary, as far as I understand its a vote only by your registered party ?

If I am not currently registered to vote, can I still vote on Election Day?   
Yes. Register at your polling location directly before you vote. If you have a government-issued ID, bring it with you.

If I am registered as Undeclared (unaffiliated), can I vote in the Republican Primary?         
Yes.                              

If I am registered as Democratic, can I vote in the Republican Primary?         
No.

freedomroad

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 11:02:03 pm »

I clicked a bunch of them to check it out, but it only brought up Republican ballots.

Where are the Democratic Primary ballots?   
There are very few contested Democratic Party primaries in New Hampshire this year. Liberty Ballot is focused foremost on contested primaries.

Karl Appleby

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 06:50:33 am »

There are very few contested Democratic Party primaries in New Hampshire this year. Liberty Ballot is focused foremost on contested primaries.

Very good, now does liberty ballot have one for the general election yet ?

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 07:23:35 am »

There are some that are contested.  Grafton, for instance.  They don't have one for Grafton, or any other town that I clicked.  Am I missing something and they have some that I just didn't find?  Or do they actually have no Democratic ballots, at all?

freedomroad

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 10:32:04 am »

There are some that are contested.  Grafton, for instance.  They don't have one for Grafton, or any other town that I clicked.  Am I missing something and they have some that I just didn't find?  Or do they actually have no Democratic ballots, at all?

None at all. This is the first time anything like this has even been done in the nation, as far as I know. It was an all volunteer effort and there are only so many hours in the day.

freedomroad

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 10:34:42 am »

Very good, now does liberty ballot have one for the general election yet ?

This came out 2 weeks before the primary election. I don't know when the general election recommendations will be released but I'd guess around 4 weeks before the general election.

lildog

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 02:09:47 pm »

New Hampshire is the only state in the nation with a database with sample ballots filled out. This database is LibertyBallot.com. This seems to be another selling point for New Hampshire. Why are liberty activists NOT doing this in any other states? Why is New Hampshire the only state where liberty activists are able to accomplish such tasks?

There are other groups that hand out sample ballots with "suggestions" for people to vote for but they aren't always pro liberty.  Unions for instance give their members suggestions who to vote for all the time.

freedomroad

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 02:18:45 pm »

New Hampshire is the only state in the nation with a database with sample ballots filled out. This database is LibertyBallot.com. This seems to be another selling point for New Hampshire. Why are liberty activists NOT doing this in any other states? Why is New Hampshire the only state where liberty activists are able to accomplish such tasks?

There are other groups that hand out sample ballots with "suggestions" for people to vote for but they aren't always pro liberty.  Unions for instance give their members suggestions who to vote for all the time.

So NH has an amazing pro-liberty tool, and all the other states have is at most some weak anti-liberty effort? Lame on them :(
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 03:07:08 pm by 1DayAtATime »

Karl Appleby

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 03:03:43 pm »

Is it legal for me to stand outside the polling building on Sept 9th and hand out these sample ballots for my town ?

freedomroad

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 03:11:34 pm »

Is it legal for me to stand outside the polling building on Sept 9th and hand out these sample ballots for my town ?

I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice but I have seen somewhat similar things done before. One possible issue is that the ballots don't say on them who paid for them. I guess you paid for them if you printed them but again, I don't know. You might have to write or stamp that information on them. The NH SOS should know. http://sos.nh.gov/

It might cause less problems if you held a handmade sign with the name of the website on it and asked people to go on the website with their smart phone but I don't know what the cell coverage is like near your voting location.

Karl Appleby

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2014, 09:12:18 pm »

I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice but I have seen somewhat similar things done before. One possible issue is that the ballots don't say on them who paid for them. I guess you paid for them if you printed them but again, I don't know. You might have to write or stamp that information on them. The NH SOS should know. http://sos.nh.gov/

It might cause less problems if you held a handmade sign with the name of the website on it and asked people to go on the website with their smart phone but I don't know what the cell coverage is like near your voting location.

The Cell coverage in Canterbury is crap. Could I just recreate the sample ballot in Adobe Illustrator myself and hand it out legally ?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

anything