Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2898 times)

ArmedNerd

Hello
« on: August 19, 2014, 01:34:54 am »

I'm thinking about joining the FSP and moving to Manchester.  My company has an opening there, but I may have to wait until February.  How is Manchester?  Are there many other FSPers in that city?  How is the political climate there?  What is y'all's opinion of the police and Chief Mara? (i'm from Mississippi, so 'cuse the southern slang.)  Speaking of the South, I'm a Civil War Reenactor and I was wondering if there were many Confederate groups up there?

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 08:14:21 am »

Awesome! Manchester's a happening city - there are probably 200 or more FSP movers in the city or its immediate surroundings. Regular events like Merrimack Valley Porcupines, New Mover Parties, and the like are held there. It's also one of the most affordable places to live in the state.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 05:41:27 pm »

Not that I can think of. NH did send lots of union troops relative to its population; but I think more focus in placed on revolutionary era reenactments.

ArmedNerd

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 12:50:08 am »

Thank you both for the info.

ArmedNerd

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 09:20:45 am »

Well I got side tracked and didn't end up moving to NH in February like I planned, but I'm thinking about moving again.  I'm in the process of applying for a job.

Overmann

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 10:13:44 am »

Hi, I am a NH resident and I am trying to help folks out with the Liberty movement and the FSP. I have a duplex for rent in Manchester - it is a small but nice 2 BDrm with w/d/hook/yeard parking etc. If interested, email me overmann55@gmail.com - Willing to help you carry stuff in no matter where you decide to get an apt.

Manchester is a decent place, but like everywhere there are better areas. If you want me to check anything out for you - let me know. Manchester Police are decent most of the time. We have a lot of new residents moving in all the time and we have been seeing more crime as of late. Overall Manchester is Pretty safe even though it is the biggest City in NH. There is a lot to do compared to other areas and the political scene is HUGE right now.

We all hope you move and join the movement! 
Good Luck and hope to meet you in person sometime.
Dave

ArmedNerd

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 10:16:48 am »

Actually I ended up getting a job at the nuke plant down, here, so I'm gonna be in NC for at least another year.

paperboy

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 11:02:43 am »

Seabrook, NH has a nuclear power plant still I believe. Perhaps you might seek employment opportunity there in your particular skill.

Pages: [1]   Go Up