Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Start dedicated thread for each NH county?  (Read 13648 times)

lloydbob1

Re:Start dedicated thread for each NH county?
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2003, 11:16:23 pm »

Sooooo....
Can a NH native jump over the border to, say, ME, VT or MA and register as an FSP member and jump back over the border?

Lloyd

skw

• Friend of the FSP
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2003, 02:51:25 pm »

Sooooo....
Can a NH native jump over the border to, say, ME, VT or MA and register as an FSP member and jump back over the border?

Lloyd

What's the point?  And if you lived in NH, why would you want to move to one of those horrible places even for a little while?  This isn't about "gaming some system", it is about moving to New Hampshire and making a difference.... for NH, and for the rest of the country.  

Just for the record, I don't expect to be moving to NH.  But I will follow the effort from afar and do what I can to help.  So I am a friend.  But... if I do decide to move to NH, I would make sure I had a contract on a new residence "locked in" before I signed up with the FSP.  I am not willing to base the timing of a move on the decisions of others.  But if I can move there, I will be there to help out -- whether or not anyone else moves.

skw

• Friend of the FSP
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2003, 02:56:43 pm »

Oh, and I wanted to say that I favor the regional boards rather than county boards, just because they are more ambiguous.  Yes, more people will live on the edge of a region and wonder which group to be involved with, but look at it from the approach from someone on the "outside".

I would want to live somewhere in the Lakes region, with a view of some mountains.  I have no idea which county I would want to live in.  Within the Lakes region, there is probably more than one county that would suit me, and I would want to weigh the differences.  Some of those differences will be caused directly by the local governments.  So having groups that span counties would be useful.

And yes, some people "in the middle" (or on the edges, depending on your point of view) may join more than one group.  Great -- that will help the different groups to work together better.

George Reich

• FSP Participant
  • Global Moderator
  • I just *love* it when Hank and Dagny brainstorm!
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2003, 09:25:34 pm »

If everyone were rich there would be no need for government assistance. If everyone were rich all children could attend private schools. If everyone were rich, government would become superfluous. Read the free e-book at this site:

http://www.scienceofgettingrich.net
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up