Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I currently hold the generic title of "Systems Engineer"  (Read 3159 times)

SaveTheClockTower

I currently hold the generic title of "Systems Engineer"
« on: May 22, 2014, 09:39:37 pm »

I work in IT and I am a Sr. Analyst - Systems Engineer.  If you have ever had this on your resume or a job search, you will know it is quite vague and is applied to a large number of positions and talents in the IT world.  I can assure you, I have very few of those talents.  I am not a programmer.  I do not know Oracle.  I am not a DBA.  I used to monitor servers and applications and we would get alerts, attempt to fix, and then alert the on-call groups if we could not fix it.  Currently, I am part of the process of getting monitoring setup on those applications and servers.  I work with our internal customers to get their monitoring and make sure they follow the rules.  I write procedures and attempt to improve processes.
I do know a little hardware/desktop support but this is more personal than professional.  As you can probably guess, finding a new job in NH is my toughest challenge.  I've been looking in the Nashua area but I'm finding mostly Oracle, DBA, etc...
Anyway, if there is IT work out there for me, please point me in the right direction.  Also, as an avid homebrewer, I would also be interested in work in a brewery but that is probably even less of a chance!  If you have read this far...thanks.

Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Next 1000
Re: I currently hold the generic title of "Systems Engineer"
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 10:45:38 pm »

If you can't find a job, maybe you can create one.
New Hampshire has fairly liberal microbrewery and nano-brewery laws.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brewing_in_New_Hampshire
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything