Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for a first time attendee and potential FSP mover  (Read 5774 times)

Goblinaldo

So I'll be graduating soon with a B.A. in computer science. I've been thinking of participating in the FSP for some time, but with school and all, its never been a realistic possibility until now. With PorcFest XI starting the week after my graduation, I figured it would be a good chance to meet some people living in NH and participating in the FSP, as well as see how I enjoy NH itself.

I've already bought my travel ticket and registered for PorcFest, and I'm really excited to see NH and meet new awesome people; but I honestly have no idea where to start as I try and figure out how to prepare.

I need to figure out how I'll be getting to Roger's from Boston, as well where I'll be staying once I'm at the campground. I'd really like to make a few friends I can meet up with before I go; rather than having a long, lonely greyhound ride all the way there. At the very least it would be nice to arrive at PorcFest knowing some people, even if not in person yet. Meeting new people is a bit hard purely through the internet though - and I'm definitely more of the face-to-face type when it comes to socializing with new people. I'm not sure what the best platform would be to talk with some people and make a few friends before I make the trip. Perhaps I'm already using that platform...

If you have any suggestions about meeting people, or any other general suggestions for a first time PorcFest attendee/ potential mover, I'd really appreciate the input.

Fishercat

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
Re: Suggestions for a first time attendee and potential FSP mover
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 08:13:40 pm »

Goblinaldo

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 09:45:51 pm »

I was on Facebook, but recently decided to take a break just to see how it was. It honestly didn't have too much of an impact on my life, but I have noticed that FB can be a useful tool - in situations like this for instance. Even though I'm not obsessed with liking stuff, posting things, or looking at dumb memes, it is a nice way to contact people you may not otherwise be able to contact though other means.

I'll probably rejoin soon; though I anticipate rebuilding my profile to be quite an endeavor, and I don't really look forward to having to do that.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 02:23:33 pm »

http://porcfest.com/come-stay/ride-share/

You may want to consider taking Dartmouth Coach from Logan up to New London, Lebanon, or Hanover if necessary to make a ride connection: http://dartmouthcoach.com/
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

w1LE.e

• After dark my city's a fuse.
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 05:35:40 pm »

Yea, I don't use facebook either
Rising like the dawn of a red sun.
Then the tears will fly like birds of vengeance.

I'm a drug, alcohol and smoke free linear combination of libertarianism, anarchism, survivalism, agorism and probably other things that has developed as we enter this fourth turning.  Moving to NH for a life of freedom, independence, responsibility and love...love can't be done on its own for me, but I know she's out there.

I've been living so long all by myself, I can't think of living with anybody else
I'm an oyster pearl out of its shell, you better bring that diving bell

Then when our cubs grow, we'll show you what war is good for
One day, I say today we live as a lion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything