Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: NH almost the least religious state  (Read 19524 times)

Planethosting

• Near Death Experience
Re: NH almost the least religious state
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2014, 12:07:58 pm »

Some general comments.

Liberals, especially environmentalists, are extremely religious.  Their religion is secular.  And they are very statist in orientation.  They literally worship the government.  The people that liberals, and many libertarians, called religious conservatives, are in my view hardly that religious at all.  It's all superficial.  They've thrown in the towel.  They have pro-military sermons.  They don't believe in good and evil anymore.  They accept the secular religion of Psychiatry which has replaced good and evil with mythical concepts like mental health and mental illness.  True Christians, Muslims and adherents to Judaism (not the same as Jews) should be radical in their devotion to liberty.

I really like what you have to say, and your understanding of things.  I agree with you 100% about most Liberals & environmentalists worshipping a false god; but a very violent, blood thirsty god. Their god, the luciferian global Government, continually drain innocent blood into the earth, and coral humans into metal cages, and strip them of their life, liberty, and property, at will.  The true motive behind Liberals & environmentalists is rage and hate against their fellow man.  Hence their desire to feed and unleash this wicked and ferocious animal upon the unsuspecting.  They hide behind slogans about children and choice to try and defuse the reality of blood and cages.   

And I also agree with you regarding Christians, cheering on the murder of innocent people all over the world, like they were collecting 'pagan pelts', to hang on fence posts.   This is right before they go to their church, to see what Dr. Phil/Oprah regurgitated lies their Freemason mysticism pastor is going to spew,  in order to keep the 'spell' active upon their overtaken souls.
From Babylon, to Samaria, to Egypt, to now Rome, with the aid of The City of London, the District of Columbia, and hooded spirits such as the one they call Lucifer...we are being ruled spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and then physically.  Less so if you understand the true source, nature, and techniques of 'spell casting' by our oppressors.  We are defeated in the spirit realm, first, because many don't believe in the power of, or understand, such things...unlike our rulers, who are the most powerful spiritual organization on the planet, and represent the absolute darkness and proliferation of the occult.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2014, 01:05:50 pm »

Their god, the luciferian global Government, continually drain innocent blood into the earth, and coral humans into metal cages, and strip them of their life, liberty, and property, at will.

Come on... Can't you leave Lucifer out of this? As fictional characters go, he seems pretty cool. He is the light-bringer, after all.

P.S.

w1LE.e

• After dark my city's a fuse.
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2014, 02:56:11 pm »

This is straying from the topic but dalebert, every time I read your posts, in my head I hear them in Archer's voice haha.
Rising like the dawn of a red sun.
Then the tears will fly like birds of vengeance.

I'm a drug, alcohol and smoke free linear combination of libertarianism, anarchism, survivalism, agorism and probably other things that has developed as we enter this fourth turning.  Moving to NH for a life of freedom, independence, responsibility and love...love can't be done on its own for me, but I know she's out there.

I've been living so long all by myself, I can't think of living with anybody else
I'm an oyster pearl out of its shell, you better bring that diving bell

Then when our cubs grow, we'll show you what war is good for
One day, I say today we live as a lion.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2014, 03:46:18 pm »

This is straying from the topic but dalebert, every time I read your posts, in my head I hear them in Archer's voice haha.

Then my journey to the dark side is complete. MwahahahahahAHAHAHA! ;)

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2014, 04:32:39 pm »

Some general comments.

Liberals, especially environmentalists, are extremely religious.  Their religion is secular.  And they are very statist in orientation.  They literally worship the government.  The people that liberals, and many libertarians, called religious conservatives, are in my view hardly that religious at all.  It's all superficial.  They've thrown in the towel.  They have pro-military sermons.  They don't believe in good and evil anymore.  They accept the secular religion of Psychiatry which has replaced good and evil with mythical concepts like mental health and mental illness.  True Christians, Muslims and adherents to Judaism (not the same as Jews) should be radical in their devotion to liberty.

I really like what you have to say, and your understanding of things.  I agree with you 100% about most Liberals & environmentalists worshipping a false god; but a very violent, blood thirsty god. Their god, the luciferian global Government, continually drain innocent blood into the earth, and coral humans into metal cages, and strip them of their life, liberty, and property, at will.  The true motive behind Liberals & environmentalists is rage and hate against their fellow man.  Hence their desire to feed and unleash this wicked and ferocious animal upon the unsuspecting.  They hide behind slogans about children and choice to try and defuse the reality of blood and cages.   

And I also agree with you regarding Christians, cheering on the murder of innocent people all over the world, like they were collecting 'pagan pelts', to hang on fence posts.   This is right before they go to their church, to see what Dr. Phil/Oprah regurgitated lies their Freemason mysticism pastor is going to spew,  in order to keep the 'spell' active upon their overtaken souls.

If you don't have choice, how do you have liberty?

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2014, 07:29:39 pm »

Respecting Others' Beliefs is BULLSHIT
by the Truth Over Comfort podcast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qMybWCRcDc

Argentum

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2014, 07:44:35 pm »

Belief in God, Creator or Supreme Being in no way implies that the believer is any more or less statist than the atheist.  There are plenty of States and Countries that are non-religious that are very unfree.  The United States as a whole was very religious and very free in the 19th century.  Many of the great libertarians of the past and present are religious, mostly Christians. 

Since less than 5% of the US population could be defined as libertarian, even using a broad definition of libertarianism, I don't think any conclusions can be draw. 

jaywalkaway

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2014, 10:06:54 am »

Also in the top 10, Massachusetts and Connecticut, followed closely by NY.  Not seeing any connection between less religion and more freedom.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2014, 10:38:36 am »

Also in the top 10, Massachusetts and Connecticut, followed closely by NY.  Not seeing any connection between less religion and more freedom.

Less religion doesn't cause more freedom.  But more freedom tends to cause less religion.

There are no liberty-friendly states in the bottom ten, for example.  Even the bottom fifteen or twenty looks pretty bleak.

Almost all of the liberty-friendly states are clustered in the top fifteen or twenty.
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

freedomroad

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2014, 11:33:39 am »

Less religion doesn't cause more freedom.  But more freedom tends to cause less religion.

There are no liberty-friendly states in the bottom ten, for example.  Even the bottom fifteen or twenty looks pretty bleak.

Almost all of the liberty-friendly states are clustered in the top fifteen or twenty.

Not sure I agree. These are the most religious states.
Mississippi: 61 percent
Utah: 60 percent
Alabama: 57 percent
Louisiana: 56 percent
South Carolina: 54 percent
Tennessee: 54 percent
Georgia: 52 percent
Arkansas: 51 percent
North Carolina: 50 percent
Oklahoma: 49 percent
Kentucky: 49 percent
Texas: 48 percent
Idaho: 47 percent
Nebraska: 47 percent
Kansas: 47 percent
South Dakota: 46 percent
North Dakota: 46 percent

Freedom in the 50 States. http://freedominthe50states.org/
Notice ND, SN, TN, OK, ID, GA and UT all near the top.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2014, 12:02:27 pm »

Not sure I agree. These are the most religious states.
Mississippi: 61 percent
Utah: 60 percent
Alabama: 57 percent
Louisiana: 56 percent
South Carolina: 54 percent
Tennessee: 54 percent
Georgia: 52 percent
Arkansas: 51 percent
North Carolina: 50 percent
Oklahoma: 49 percent
Kentucky: 49 percent
Texas: 48 percent
Idaho: 47 percent
Nebraska: 47 percent
Kansas: 47 percent
South Dakota: 46 percent
North Dakota: 46 percent

Freedom in the 50 States. http://freedominthe50states.org/
Notice ND, SN, TN, OK, ID, GA and UT all near the top.

If that were a meaningful ranking, I suppose it would matter.  But they use arbitrary weighting of factors (ie, freedoms that the authors value most are given extra consideration), numerous cases of outright incorrect information, false standards, etc.  The rankings, therefore, are meaningless.
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2014, 12:21:05 pm »

Belief in God, Creator or Supreme Being in no way implies that the believer is any more or less statist than the atheist.  There are plenty of States and Countries that are non-religious that are very unfree.  The United States as a whole was very religious and very free in the 19th century.  Many of the great libertarians of the past and present are religious, mostly Christians. 

Since less than 5% of the US population could be defined as libertarian, even using a broad definition of libertarianism, I don't think any conclusions can be draw. 
I agree with the first line; but not that the US as a whole was very free in the 19th century. Freedom during that time was very dependent on various factors including religion.

lildog

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2014, 12:23:57 pm »

Do you think you should be free to evangelize about your beliefs and use persuasion to convince others, without threats or violence, of course, to share your beliefs?

Isn't that what just about every single free stater already does?

You want more freedom and less government in your lifetime.  That's your belief.

You preach to the people who show up and vote for politicians who toss people in jail for victimless crimes hoping to persuade them to agree with the pro freedom argument.

lildog

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2014, 12:30:16 pm »

I don't think it came up as part of the selection process, but I think it has a huge impact on the liberty culture on NH, which obviously was part of the selection process.

Those who think critically about the role of government, are also likely to think critically about religion, as well.  Those who are highly religious tend to be highly supportive of the government, and of using the government to impose their beliefs on others.

I disagree with this claim on two points...

1) If you look at the most ruthless leaders in world history, many of them are atheists.

2) Of all the people I know, those who are atheists are the first to push for government force to "help" people where as the more religious people I know are the ones who are most willing to step up and actually volunteer to help those who need help without forcing others against their will to do so with them.

lildog

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2014, 01:14:38 pm »

Then you have answered your next question because that's how I intend to do it (my part, anyway)--using my free speech. I would posit that you're also doing it right now. You're arguing the merit, or at least the harmlessness of religion against me arguing why less religion is a basically good thing. Yay for free speech!

Having read through this thread I don't see this answered, the below portion is the only attempt to answer it and I'll explain why I disagree with it.

Why is this important?

Because fantasies don't solve problems. Understanding and embracing reality does. Fantasies are fine. I enjoy them. I'm a big fan of fantasy role-playing games. But getting them mixed up with reality is a bad idea.

This is where you and I differ on our views of religion.  Yes there are those who believe Jesus walked the earth with the dinosaurs and that the earth is only 2000 years old (or whatever date they give) but religion as a whole is more about morality then it is about the stories themselves.  At least in my opinion anyway.

If you look at a lot of the religious stories, they were more about morality and things that would save your life because humans hadn't learned things like cleanliness.  So keeping your fish and meet separate was more about health lessons for instance.

But the basics are about morality and how to be better people.  Granted there are many out there though who use religion to try to force their own personal views on everyone else but that's no different then those who use government to force their views on everyone else... I don't see that as a religious vs non religious thing as much as it is human nature to try to control others.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up