Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Child Custody Legal Problem (Update)  (Read 3921 times)

Luck

• FSP Participant
Child Custody Legal Problem (Update)
« on: May 01, 2014, 10:23:41 am »

[See last post for update]

A friend in Chicago lost custody of her two boys 4 years ago and has been fighting to get them back ever since. But her ex has political connections, an uncle on the city council, and he got custody, even though the ex is a registered sexual offender. She says he tortures and sexually abuses the boys, as well as other children. If the whole system is corrupt, maybe nothing can be done, but if anyone has suggestions, I'd like to hear them. She has educated herself on the law to some extent but needs help. I think she said she had a crooked lawyer pretending to help at one time, but he abandoned her.

She posted her story here:
http://bringjeremyhome.wordpress.com/category/a-plea-for-help

And she has a donation page here:
http://gogetfunding.com/project/bring-my-boys-home-1
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 05:39:44 am by Luck »

Sam Adams

Re: Child Custody Legal Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 11:20:16 am »

Four years looks like a permanent custody. Hopeful she is on record trying to appeal the decision. Does she have a visitation schedule, and hopeful she keeps it regular. Some courts consider hours of day and over nights as the custodial parent. It takes time, and if the kids are young enough, she may want to inch more into their weekly and daily lives and keep written organized record. Tricks to this, is be available for babysitting, transportation, school projects, Sign kids up for team sports, sign up as the coach, volunteer to the kids school, activities, field trips, tutor, PTA, Help your kids to make many friends over at your house,etc. Try to get more over-nights, and weekends, holidays, Bdays, summer vacations, or the entire summer, Then expand it slowly so you bring them back Monday after school vs Sunday. Pick them up Thursday vs Friday for every weekend, or share weekends but still get them Thursday to Friday. Inch in slowly, keep records, and be friendly to ex. After a year or so, you will be the majority custodial parent, but have to be this status for 6 months. Then bring custody hearing to Judge with a good att.

lildog

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 12:43:42 pm »

I was expecting this to be a thread about Justina Pelletier, the girl who's been kidnapped by the state of Mass.

In the case in this thread, if there is any proof of sexual abuse I would suggest she build as much of a case as possible.  Then present the evidence to the press if the authorities refuse to listen.  Often times Government will do the right thing when it becomes embarrassing enough not to.

WendellBerry

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 01:44:15 pm »

As the mother, how exactly did your female friend lose custody in the first place?

Most situations are the other way around...

it would have to be be pretty egregious circumstances - truthful or not.

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 03:34:57 pm »

I was expecting this to be a thread about Justina Pelletier, the girl who's been kidnapped by the state of Mass.

In the case in this thread, if there is any proof of sexual abuse I would suggest she build as much of a case as possible.  Then present the evidence to the press if the authorities refuse to listen.  Often times Government will do the right thing when it becomes embarrassing enough not to.
I think that's what she's thinking of doing, but she can't afford the expenses of a private eye and all that's needed.

I'm not clear on how she lost custody in the first place, but I think it's because she found out that her boyfriend was a registered sex offender and then suspected that he abused the boys. So she sought a divorce, but the boyfriend, the father of the second boy, had political connections that he used to get custody of both boys. She apparently assumed that the system would give her custody, so she's had to get educated more on the law since then, maybe after her own lawyer failed to due his job. She said the boyfriend is no longer listed as a sex offender, apparently because of political connections.

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 12:01:09 pm »

I just added the following to the OP.

She posted her story here:
http://bringjeremyhome.wordpress.com/category/a-plea-for-help

And she has a donation page here:
http://gogetfunding.com/project/bring-my-boys-home-1

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 05:20:29 am »

UPDATE

[I thought I should post the original story here before it possibly gets removed from the website, like another site did. The fundraiser brought in no donations, I would guess because she didn't have time to work on it much and maybe because the website doesn't get enough traffic etc. Looks like she also tried Fundly, but I can't see info there.]

Bring My Boys Home
Fundraising campaign by Kat Gatzke
Chicago, US
https://gogetfunding.com/bring-my-boys-home-1/

[3 pictures are shown]

I need your help. I need you to care. You have to care. If you don’t care about the people in this story, why would anybody else? We are not just a time line of unfortunate events. Like you, we are part of human legacy.

I can no longer do this alone. I tried. Here I am, 4 years later. Sitting in my club house in someone else’s clothes, sleeping in a strange bed. The other 2 members of my exclusive club, JMC & BBR, were “legally” kidnapped and tortured. The only thing escaping is time. In exactly 2 weeks my custody battle goes to trial. A final decision will be made. Attorney Pro Se is representing me. Not by choice. My former attorney spent more time violating Legal Ethics than practicing law. Some people handle rejection better than others. Attorney Sinclair withdrew all his toys and went home. Now I am left standing next to that guy Pro Se.

I’m sure you can see where this is headed. My ugly pride is preventing me from coming right out and asking you to your pot of gold into what I hope will become

Legal Representation

Expert Witness

Private Investigator

Child Psychologist

My boys and I appreciate your help. I do not possess the amount of creativity to put into words how much your generosity means to us. You know what corruption despises more than it loves money? Exposure! I am not accusing anyone of anything. I am simply presenting you (and all of social media) with the documents. You decide the weight of evidence.  Mr. Coe's Criminal History [Link is now broken.]
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 05:36:49 am by Luck »
Pages: [1]   Go Up