Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Self Pay Healthcare in NH  (Read 4773 times)

lyn rn

Self Pay Healthcare in NH
« on: April 01, 2014, 07:01:26 pm »

I'm moving soon with an uninsured son who has epilepsy and autism. We've been fortunate to have a neurologist & PCP who charge a fair, cash price, order minimal tests and don't have us coming back more often than necessary.  I've negotiated a nice cash discount from a local, independent pharmacy. Same story with the lab. It works for us. I have no complaints.
I've stocked up on meds but will need to establish similar networks for my son soon after arriving in order to make this a successful move.
Living in Florida we've benefited from a very competitive healthcare market which I doubt exists in NH. How likely am I to find practitioners open to such arrangements in NH? Are their any liberty leaning docs who prefer to keep things simple and forgo insurance and .gov programs?

Luck

• FSP Participant
Re: Self Pay Healthcare in NH
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 12:08:51 pm »

Medical drugs tend to make epilepsy and probably autism worse, the former according to the Institute for the Achievement of Human Potential in Philadelphia as per their paper, A Bill of Particulars on Discontinuing Anticonvulsive Drugs, via http://IAHP.org and the latter according to Dr. Mercola et al at http://mercola.com . Healthy diet, herbs, mid-day sunshine, exercise etc are recommended instead.

lyn rn

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 02:22:08 pm »

I appreciate your thoughts and while that be true for some people it is unfortunately not true for my son. He is 20 y.o. and we have tried any and all diets, vitamins, and alternative therapies. He needs meds or he has seizures. With his meds he is seizure free.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 04:56:36 pm »

They don't forgo insurance or gov't programs... but doctors take cash.

Luck

• FSP Participant
Re: Epilepsy and Autism
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 02:48:18 pm »

Cure = Remove the Cause
Re meds for seizures, the IAHP paper was written by a doctor and he explained that the seizure meds give the appearance of helping, but then produce worse seizures later. It may be that new meds suppress the seizures even longer, but they (the meds) likely cause liver, kidney, brain, or other damage. Have you looked up the side effects of the meds (The side effects often turn out to be much worse than they admit)? The paper also explained that seizures are part of the healing process and that after a seizure occurs the brain is often observed to function better and health is improved.

I don't mean seizures are always desirable, just as sneezing isn't usually desirable, but if we breathe in dirty air, it's better to sneeze to remove much of the dirt. They could invent a drug to prevent sneezing, but it would only make one's health worse, obviously. That's the way it is with many meds. Suppressing symptoms. such as with meds, doesn't help anyone's health. It just leads to worse health conditions down the road, because the unhealthful act that caused the symptoms usually hasn't been removed. Nutrition and healthy lifestyle are the key to health, not meds that suppress symptoms.

Vaccines and several other things are the main cause of autism. Congenital problems often lead to epilepsy. When people with epilepsy/convulsions do not take meds, the symptoms generally go away on their own, if the lifestyle is healthful enough. Of course, it's important to protect someone if they do have a seizure.

Dr. Mercola has quite a bit of good info about curing the cause of seizures at: https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=site%3Amercola.com+siezure . You can also do a search there on autism.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 02:55:05 pm by Luck »

dumbthumbs

• Viurem Iliures o Morirem
    • @dumbthumbs
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 03:54:02 pm »

Try http://simplecare.com/index2.asp ? When I looked I didn't find anything under neurologist or PCP but there is a family practice Dr. in Dublin, NH that takes cash. http://simplecare.com/provider-detail.asp?pid=2777 I know that's not exactly what you're looking for but maybe he could point you in the right direction.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
-Frédéric Bastiat, The Law
“The greatest purveyor of violence in the world : My own Government, I can not be Silent.” -Martin Luther King Jr.

dumbthumbs

• Viurem Iliures o Morirem
    • @dumbthumbs
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 04:06:36 pm »

Cure = Remove the Cause
Re meds for seizures, the IAHP paper was written by a doctor and he explained that the seizure meds give the appearance of helping, but then produce worse seizures later. It may be that new meds suppress the seizures even longer, but they (the meds) likely cause liver, kidney, brain, or other damage. Have you looked up the side effects of the meds (The side effects often turn out to be much worse than they admit)? The paper also explained that seizures are part of the healing process and that after a seizure occurs the brain is often observed to function better and health is improved.

I don't mean seizures are always desirable, just as sneezing isn't usually desirable, but if we breathe in dirty air, it's better to sneeze to remove much of the dirt. They could invent a drug to prevent sneezing, but it would only make one's health worse, obviously. That's the way it is with many meds. Suppressing symptoms. such as with meds, doesn't help anyone's health. It just leads to worse health conditions down the road, because the unhealthful act that caused the symptoms usually hasn't been removed. Nutrition and healthy lifestyle are the key to health, not meds that suppress symptoms.

Vaccines and several other things are the main cause of autism. Congenital problems often lead to epilepsy. When people with epilepsy/convulsions do not take meds, the symptoms generally go away on their own, if the lifestyle is healthful enough. Of course, it's important to protect someone if they do have a seizure.

Dr. Mercola has quite a bit of good info about curing the cause of seizures at: https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=site%3Amercola.com+siezure . You can also do a search there on autism.

But hey who needs a Doctor when you can get free/unsolicited medical advice from someone on an internet forum? (sarcasm)

« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 04:14:35 pm by dumbthumbs »
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
-Frédéric Bastiat, The Law
“The greatest purveyor of violence in the world : My own Government, I can not be Silent.” -Martin Luther King Jr.

lyn rn

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 04:34:41 pm »

Thanks for the replies addressing my question. :)  I know almost every doc does take cash but some are much more willing to negotiate when paying cash. You would think all would give a discount considering that cash reduces overhead tremendously. No hours spent with billing, obtaining insurance authorizations and filing claims.
I'm going to try calling a few pharmacies for quotes and see what the price difference is between here and there. Someone suggested to me that mail order might be cheaper as well so I'll explore that option.

Sam Adams

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 05:38:48 pm »

Excellent try Luck, most people are use to listening and following their doctors advice and orders, without questions other options. Doctors are trained to treat the symptoms by drug protocol and pharma. vs Finding What is Causing These Symptoms and Stopping[Curing] the Cause. Forty years ago, Doctors were trouble shooters, and scientist, now they take a test or 2 and write a prescription. Drugs don,t fix a sick body, might buy you some time, the body fixes itself  if perfectly healthy. Thats why we have an Immune system. People investigate a flight or vacation on- line until their blue in the face, but doctor tells a women you have cancer and were going to cut off both your Breast, ok. Tells a man you have prostate cancer, and you need surgery and radiation and chemo, OK.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 07:54:24 pm »

I found a great allergist in Manchester who has great cash prices for people without insurance. Let me know if you need an allergist.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 09:14:10 pm »

Thanks for the replies addressing my question. :)  I know almost every doc does take cash but some are much more willing to negotiate when paying cash. You would think all would give a discount considering that cash reduces overhead tremendously. No hours spent with billing, obtaining insurance authorizations and filing claims.
I'm going to try calling a few pharmacies for quotes and see what the price difference is between here and there. Someone suggested to me that mail order might be cheaper as well so I'll explore that option.
Many private practitioners will. But it makes sense to find a location of your chose, then find those doctors with a private practice in the yellow pages. It will narrow the field greatly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up