Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not a US Resident and dont own a greencard  (Read 3791 times)

awwald

• FSP Participant
  • Dont let yourself get bullied by goverments.
Not a US Resident and dont own a greencard
« on: September 23, 2004, 11:21:25 am »

I'm wondering if FSP is for rest of the world and not only US permanent residents. How true?
Be Free! An oppressed society is one with very little or no freedom, think of a life with very little freedom!
FREEDOM is happiness

Kelton Baker

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • Freedom is Free, it's tyranny that costs us dearly
    • Kelton Baker
Re:Not a US Resident and dont own a greencard
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 11:31:55 am »

http://www.freestateproject.org/about/countries_count.php

Remember, you have 5 years, even after the FSP attains  20,000 to work through the hurdles of the immigration process.
Give me some men who are stout-hearted men Who will fight for the right they adore. Start me with ten, who are stout-hearted men And I'll soon give you ten thousand more...--O. Hammerstein

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 01:04:43 pm »

Don't forget the underground economy, if you don't like paperwork, or it doesn't work out!

Regards,
Ian
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

awwald

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 01:11:44 pm »

it'll be alot easier if FSP will provide some form of documents so we prsent them to respective American consulates. What do you guys think?
Be Free! An oppressed society is one with very little or no freedom, think of a life with very little freedom!
FREEDOM is happiness

BlueLu

• MMMMMMM! Monadnock
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 03:14:17 pm »

it'll be alot easier if FSP will provide some form of documents so we prsent them to respective American consulates. What do you guys think?

Telling the Immigration and Naturalization Service that you want to come to the US to join the Free State Project, is probably not a good idea.  It probably would not get your application rejected, but it might.  I have to think that anything politically-related will be a detriment to the cause of getting a visa.  I would not take the chance.

My impression from reading this forum, is that there are really very few people, who are near-term potential employers, who have moved to New Hampshire yet.  That is who you need to befriend and ask for a job offer to help with immigration.

I am hopeful that opportunities like the one you are looking for will start to appear as the first Porcs filter in and get established.  In the mean time, I would try to acquire a rare or highly specialized skill.  It makes it easier to justify offering a job to a foreigner if employers find it difficult to find employees with a particular skill.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 03:15:46 pm by BlueLu »

awwald

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2004, 05:39:22 am »

BlueLu that's a very good idea i think. thank you. I'll think about it.
FREEDOM is happiness

Red River

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2004, 10:18:49 pm »

There are several categories of immigrant and non-immigrant visas available to foreigners who wish to live in or visit the United States.

Information about these is available directly from the government at www.immigration.gov    Visas are issued by the Department of State, their web site is www.state.gov

For foreigners contemplating moving to the US, I strongly urge researching the visa categories and immigrating lawfully.  Contrary to what some have posted here, it is not an easy task to get an employer to "sponsor" a foreigner for permanent residency.  Although there is a process by which an intending immigrant can adjust status, it is costly and time consuming.  Only someone with very in demand technical skills or who is a noted expert in his field could reasonably expect to find an employer willing to start the process.

Furthermore, employers are required by federal law to verify the status of new employees, and working illegally or hiring undocumented foreigners is against the law.  

Lastly, I recommend getting immigration information only from through official sources such as the web sites listed above.  Unfortunately the field of immigration is filled with scammers  offering "advice" (usually for a fee) that completely wrong.   Do your own research and stay out of trouble.
Pages: [1]   Go Up