Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Software Developer - Chelmsford  (Read 2519 times)

Rich T.

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free in NH!
    • NH Liberty Alliance
Software Developer - Chelmsford
« on: March 10, 2014, 10:56:31 am »

Seeking a strong Software Developer for infrastructure group.  Oracle database skills with interest in big data and non-sql databases are a plus.  Position reports to Software Manager.

Must be a team player who likes challenging problems and able to thrive in a small team environment. Communication skills and effective collaboration are critical.

Required Skills and Aptitudes

Knowledge of Linux environment is a must.
    Familiarity with more than one programming language.
    Ability to profile and query large systems.
    Must be able to understand and extend the existing code base.
    Excellent problem solving skills; must be able to analyze performance issues and with SQL queries.
    Experience writing multi-threaded applications using C/C++.
    Strong knowledge of services based (SOAP, REST) software architectures.
    Strong Perl, Java and shell scripting skills are desirable
    Experience with Agile/Scrum software development practices and processes desirable.

Experience with application level database technologies (i.e., Oracle 10 or later databases or column-oriented databases a plus but not a requirement.

The candidate is expected to have an eager attitude in dealing with the day to day operational challenges.  Through demonstrated technical leadership, the successful candidate will thrive under pressure and will do whatever it takes to find solutions to complex problems. Excellent communicator.  Must be self-motivated and work independently to achieve the strategic architectural vision of the technology mandates of the Product Center.

Education: BSCS or equivalent

Experience: Minimum 8 years software development

Language requirements:  English written and spoken.

AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN US.

If you think you qualify, please contact me directly, I'll get your resume to the hiring manager.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything