Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: best airport for private pilots to land/tie-down for Porcfest?  (Read 17063 times)

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
Re: best airport for private pilots to land/tie-down for Porcfest?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 02:35:49 pm »

Out West, snotty behavior to man can get one's clock cleaned.
We don't take shit out here, especially from those considered our social, moral, and masculine inferiors.

So people are more prone to violence over there? I publicly disagreed with you. Is that what you mean by snotty behavior that can trigger violence in the West (Wyoming?)? Can you be specific about how Pat and I are socially inferior? Specifically how are we morally inferior? Specifically how are we... uhm... masculinely inferior? (Per your honest opinion, of course.)

People like dalebert and PatK hide behind my adherence to the NAP, and they know it.

If you mean that I'm speaking my opinion openly on a public forum presuming that you aren't going to try to hurt me or kill me for it, then you're probably right. Do you feel like discussions are improved when people fear for violent retribution for speaking their opinions openly? If we were having the same conversation in a bar after a few too many drinks and you smashed a bottle and held the jagged edge at my throat, I'd probably apologize (insincerely). Maybe that's because I wouldn't be trying to impress any female onlookers. I guess that makes you more of a man than me. Congratulations.

(Notice they can't help but migrate over here to a pilot's topic?)

Well, you did reference our discussion and then Jerry responded in a way that I felt needed clarification. I don't think he was familiar with the thread you were referring to when he responded because I think Pat and I are reasonably representative of a lot of the folks at Porcfest. So if that's going a problem for you, then it's just as well that you know. That was my thought.

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 06:53:50 pm »

I told ya already manly man, I will be at Porc Fest, I am easy to find, I am a short fat guy dragging a cooler.
Or just ask any long time FSP folk and they can point me out. While. I certainly don't need violence in my life
if you come to Porc Fest looking to " clean clocks "  I volunteer.
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 07:30:18 pm »

In one aspect I was very surprised at the overall tenor
of the crowd, i.e., the majority unarmed.  Of the ~25% who were armed about 20% of them seemed trained and tactically tuned.

The majority are unarmed because the majority are visitors who are not living here in NH.  Unless we opened Rent-A-Gun, there's no way they could reasonably be armed.

But far more than you think, are actually armed.  Some of us actually carry a gun every single day of our lives, so we're quite good at concealed carry.  NH is the most heavily-armed place on the entire planet, so never assume someone's unarmed, just because you don't see a gun.

Out West, snotty behavior to man can get one's clock cleaned.
We don't take shit out here, especially from those considered our social, moral, and masculine inferiors.

That's funny, right there.  We don't see the need to use violence against our "inferiors," because we're adults.

People like dalebert and PatK hide behind my adherence to the NAP, and they know it.

And you hide behind the fact that most of us won't hit children.  What's your point?

(Notice they can't help but migrate over here to a pilot's topic?)

You're the one who brought up the subject, not them.  Try to at least fake behaving like and adult, okay?

In short, I would rather be a Man first and libertarian second, than the reverse.
Over the past weeks I'd not seen much FSP forum alignment with that sentiment.
If that seems to change in the future, do let me know.

That's funny, right there.  Do let us know if you manage to be either, okay?  Because, so far, I've seen no evidence that you're anything other than a boy.
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

Auspicious Aspect

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2014, 09:04:35 pm »

"Gay" people are not hassled, but sissies are ridiculed.

Regards,
Boston

In that case, a delicate snowflake like you must have it rough.

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2014, 10:08:39 pm »

I'm proud to claim Pat K, Dalebert, and Maine Shark as my real-life, in-NH friends. Dale hasn't been to my house yet, but I hope he will stop by when he's up for Porcfest.

Back to the topic, Whitefield (MWRA) is the closest airport, but check your mountain approach routes. Berlin (which is actually in Milan) has a much flatter approach.

Neither has rentals at the airport, but there are Enterprise offices in Gorham (for Berlin) and Littleton (for Whitefield). Per their motto, they'll pick you up.

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • What we have here is a failure to communicate
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2014, 03:15:13 pm »

The majority are unarmed because the majority are visitors who are not living here in NH.  Unless we opened Rent-A-Gun, there's no way they could reasonably be armed.

Also there is a huge difference between carrying a weapon for protection and carrying one for decoration. Carrying one for protection in NH is mostly pointless (particularly up north), carrying one for decoration is fine but not many peoples thing.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2014, 09:27:47 pm »

I'm proud to claim Pat K, Dalebert, and Maine Shark as my real-life, in-NH friends. Dale hasn't been to my house yet, but I hope he will stop by when he's up for Porcfest.

Yeah, I think some folks have trouble grasping that this isn't just a bunch of guys playing around online, but is an actual, real-life, in-person movement.

Also there is a huge difference between carrying a weapon for protection and carrying one for decoration. Carrying one for protection in NH is mostly pointless (particularly up north), carrying one for decoration is fine but not many peoples thing.

Indeed.  In NH, we're actually serious about guns; we don't consider them to be fashion accessories.

If I have my Springfield on my hip, it certainly doesn't enhance my appearance.  It's parkerized, except in the places where the finish is worn off.  The grip is permanently stained blue-gray in one spot because it got industrial-grade sealant on it (which happens when you work for a living, and carry all day, every day).  There's lint and dust inside the skeletonized hammer, and various other places where such can collect.  The holster is scratched and scuffed, because that's what happens when you have the same piece of leather on your belt every day of your life for a decade.

It ain't pretty.  It ain't an enhancement of my appearance.  But it works every time I pull the trigger, and saved my life when I did need it for its intended purpose.  It's a tool, not a piece of jewelry.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 09:29:20 pm by MaineShark »
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2014, 11:53:51 am »

I think Greap's point is that the more rural areas have even far less person-to-person crime than would be reconciled from the low crime rates in NH.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2014, 02:26:05 pm »

I think Greap's point is that the more rural areas have even far less person-to-person crime than would be reconciled from the low crime rates in NH.

Which is a result of the fact that NH has the least-restrictive gun laws in the entire developed world, and the most firearms per-capita.  If folks stop carrying guns, that low crime rate will go away.

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2014, 03:08:19 pm »

Which is a result of the fact that NH has the least-restrictive gun laws in the entire developed world, and the most firearms per-capita.  If folks stop carrying guns, that low crime rate will go away.

NH is small, rural, wealthy and homogeneous; these factors are all causal with violent crime rates. Weapon ownership rates (and gun laws in general) are weakly correlative with violent crime rates but not causal, most of this is simply explained by states with violent crime issues seeking policy solutions that involve firearms restrictions (which don't work).

Also i know many people who treat their weapons like a piece of jewelry rather then a self-defense tool. There is nothing wrong with that (anymore then wearing $800 earnings) but this is extremely common, how many people carry a weapon because they are genuinely concerned regarding being a victim of violence compared to simply because they can or to show it off?

Auspicious Aspect

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2014, 03:48:33 pm »

NH is small, rural, wealthy and homogeneous; these factors are all causal with violent crime rates. Weapon ownership rates (and gun laws in general) are weakly correlative with violent crime rates but not causal, most of this is simply explained by states with violent crime issues seeking policy solutions that involve firearms restrictions (which don't work).

I don't know where you live, but NH is hardly wealthy, and nowhere near homogeneous.

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2014, 07:42:33 pm »

I don't know where you live, but NH is hardly wealthy, and nowhere near homogeneous.

NH has one of the highest median incomes (both personal and household) and the lowest poverty rate in the country (by a fairly large margin, we are less then half the national average). Maine and Vermont are the only states which are more homogeneous.

freedomroad

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2014, 08:16:09 pm »

NH is very middle class. As for millionaires per capita, NH is #8. http://www.cnbc.com/id/101338309
As for billionaires, there might only be 1 in NH.

NH is 4th lowest for income inequality. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_Gini_coefficient#List_of_U.S._states_by_Gini_coefficient_of_income_inequality

NH has the most machine guns per capita. http://nhfreedom.wordpress.com/2013/01/22/machine-guns-by-state-new-hampshire-wins/

I don't know of anything that says NH has the highest
I love to see some evidence suggesting this!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 12:20:01 am by 1DayAtATime »

Auspicious Aspect

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2014, 10:30:30 pm »

NH has one of the highest median incomes (both personal and household) and the lowest poverty rate in the country (by a fairly large margin, we are less then half the national average). Maine and Vermont are the only states which are more homogeneous.

Low poverty is not the same as wealth. NH is a working-class/middle-class state; very populist, to use a term. There is little deep poverty, but also little true wealth. And the few wealthy folk tend not to be conspicuous about it.

As far as NH being homogeneous, to the contrary, NH has great ethnic diversity. You must be using another definition.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2014, 05:32:36 pm »

No. Greap is using the correct definitions.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up