Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: WTF is going on with Roger's?  (Read 9821 times)

sphere80

WTF is going on with Roger's?
« on: February 28, 2014, 02:59:26 pm »

I thought I had an RV reserved, but apparently not. I booked it online last weekend, tried calling them too but their phones weren't working Monday. 4 days pass and I get an email this AM they have no availability, please call they say. Uh, yea I've been calling on and off all week and it's just a machine, no one picks up. Left two messages, no one calls. Since this morning I've called nearly every hour, nothing.

How does one run a motel and campground with no live phone number exactly? Not too happy about this, I may just skip Porcfest this year.

Their online system still says they have RV rentals available as well? Way to be organized....

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
Re: WTF is going on with Roger's?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 03:03:23 pm »

A couple of thoughts...

First, it's off-season. I suspect once it warms up a little, they will be more available. I wouldn't be surprised if they just completely close down all Winter.

Secondly, you said RV rental twice. Are you sure you don't mean RV site? They may rent RVs but I would not expect any to still be available for Porcfest since all the hotel rooms and cabins are usually rented almost immediately by people at Porcfest already making their plans for the next year. This is a HUGE event for us. Meanwhile, they may have RV sites still available and they often rent them at the regular campsite rate during Porcfest assuming you aren't actually hooking up an RV there and are just putting up tents and camping.

sphere80

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 03:09:57 pm »

I wouldn't have expected them to be available either but there online system said (and still says) there are some left. Cabins and motel rooms were showing mostly booked, but it was listing RV's as available - apparently that isn't the case. If you're going to tell me to call you in an email, answering the phone one of these days would be nice. I also tried reaching them through email and other means lets see if I hear back. I was so psyched to be able to bring the Mrs. (she's not much for camping) and finally stay the week; I guess maybe we'll just have a romantic getaway weekend instead.

freedomroad

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 03:10:13 pm »

I thought I had an RV reserved, but apparently not. I booked it online last weekend, tried calling them too but their phones weren't working Monday. 4 days pass and I get an email this AM they have no availability, please call they say. Uh, yea I've been calling on and off all week and it's just a machine, no one picks up. Left two messages, no one calls. Since this morning I've called nearly every hour, nothing.

How does one run a motel and campground with no live phone number exactly? Not too happy about this, I may just skip Porcfest this year.

Their online system still says they have RV rentals available as well? Way to be organized....

Hey Sphere80,

Welcome to the FSP Forum!

As for Roger's, I think folks only work there 1-2 days a week. It's been like this most years. For a few years, it was a lot easier because so few folks attended the event. Now that the event is in the 1,500 to 2,000 range, things get pretty crazy. Your best bet is to try to book your campsite for the next year while at Roger's. Or at least ask them the best time to call to book. If you want to stay at a motel room, I recommend booking with the motel room across the street from Roger's.

Please be patient and work with Roger's. Everything will likely work out in the end. This is campground that is closed in the winter in a small town in Northern New Hampshire. It's runs at a slow country pace.

If you don't hear from Roger's this week, you might want to try sending a nice message Monday http://rogerscampground.com/contact-us/ and then following up with a phone a 2-3 days later.

I've never used the online system. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

You might get more responses from folks if you post a message here and or here.
https://www.facebook.com/PorcFest
https://www.facebook.com/events/591716827571060/

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 06:26:53 pm »

Also, you can go to PF and not stay at Roger's. You'll have to pay $5/person/day to park.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 11:44:05 am »

A couple of thoughts...

First, it's off-season. I suspect once it warms up a little, they will be more available. I wouldn't be surprised if they just completely close down all Winter.

They do. I don't know where they answer the phones, but no one is at the campground at all during the winter months -- I drive past twice a day going to and from work.

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • What we have here is a failure to communicate
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 11:50:41 pm »

Also, you can go to PF and not stay at Roger's. You'll have to pay $5/person/day to park.

Thats not the case anymore

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 08:02:24 am »

No charge now? Or is there a new rate?
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 11:26:03 am »

My understanding is the FSP made a deal with Roger's that they would pay them something from Porcfest registrations and Roger's wouldn't fiddle with that stuph during Porcfest. So I think it's effectively included in PF reg now.

freedomroad

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 03:33:53 pm »

My understanding is the FSP made a deal with Roger's that they would pay them something from Porcfest registrations and Roger's wouldn't fiddle with that stuph during Porcfest. So I think it's effectively included in PF reg now.

Oh, cool thanks.

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • What we have here is a failure to communicate
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 11:02:17 pm »

Plus you get a really cool porcupine magnet for the side of your car.

sphere80

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 03:31:41 pm »

Alright well obviously I'm not going to get the RV site, but I reserved a camping site for Thursday leaving Sunday - it came through as accepted. Then I send an email seeing if they can move it to site we had last year (actually a downgrade as there's no water but we like the location). They tell me yes, but then also mention "Oh you're here for Porcfest, well that's a 5 night minimum stay". Huh? Since when? I know when I talked to the gentlemen organizing Agora Valley he told me a site in that area would be min. 5 nights. But we certainly didn't book 5 nights last year. Not to mention you'd think it would be listed somewhere on porcfest.com or rogrcampground.com if that was the case. And with all due respect, how do they know who is there for what exactly?

« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 03:39:46 pm by sphere80 »

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 10:30:57 pm »

No charge now? Or is there a new rate?

The PF daily rates go up to as high as a hundred bucks at the door, IIRC.

Fuck that.

Liberty603

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #586
    • Liberty603.com
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 02:40:04 am »

Registration is currently $60 for a full week pass. This includes a magnet which serves as a parking pass at Rogers, even if you're staying offsite (no extra $5/day).

Personally I think the pricing is quite reasonable. For many attendees, PorcFest is their big yearly vacation and they're already spending hundreds or thousands of dollars to travel across the country to be there. If charging a few bucks more at the door is what it takes to make sure these people have an awesome experience, I'm all for that  :)
-------------------------------------
Update your address@Porcfest@FreeStateNH  |  New Hampshire Liberty Maps: Liberty603.com | @Liberty_603

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2014, 11:54:20 am »

The deal to include the daily Roger's fee into the registration was an incredible improvement. This has been really tedious in the past and an area of great confusion. The event is big enough now to make it all into one package deal. I'm sure it saves a lot of tedium for Roger's too now that they don't have to handle the sale of a lot of day passes.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up