Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: American/German marriage delema  (Read 4473 times)

Gypsy

American/German marriage delema
« on: February 06, 2014, 08:55:57 pm »

Here's my problem, I'm an American, my partner is German (we're currently living in Thailand) and in order to for her to come to the US long term we would need either a work permit/green card (difficult to get without specialized skills) or to get married. my problem isn't the getting married part (in the sense that marriage is a union of two people) but that I don't think its any business of the government, and shouldn't have to have "them" recognize our relationship. Not to mention the ridiculous hassle involved in marrying a foreign citizen.

Any advice from people who've gone through a similar situation? does anyone know of any "loopholes" or can at least share their experience with the process of international marriages? I've looked into the requirements a few times, and become subsequently overwhelmed by the amount of "legal" issues involved.

Can anyone who's gone through this process give some insight?

I'm sure I don't want to live in Thailand forever, but I'm not sure I'm willing to compromise my beliefs and give into the govt. in order to live in the US.

Any insight helps. Thanks

winterboarder

Re: American/German marriage delema
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 11:12:24 am »

You have to understand what marriage is first. Marriage in the eyes of the law is a contract between 2 parties. The Gov is brought in a trustee to administer the honest distribution of estate value in case of divorce. If you brought in the marriage 100 dollars and your partner 20 dollars; if you dissolve your shared estate "marriage" the Gov will make sure your estate will get back the value you invested in it. Marriage always had a trustee, be it the community, church representative or government.

I suggest you marry your partner if you want to come to the US, as it is not compromising a flawed understanding of marriage. You are using Your Gov services to pursue your happiness. After your partner gets to be citizen then you can divorce and fire the trustee as it is not need in your idea of union of 2 people.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 02:23:19 pm »

Actually, government licensing of marriage is fairly recent, and came about due to attempts to prohibit mixed-race marriages.  Like most government programs, it never went away, even after its original purpose was shot down.

And no, in the case of divorce, the government does not ensure that you "get back the value you invested" - someone could enter a marriage with nothing and leave with way more than half, or whatever, as the rules of divorce proceedings have many (often contradictory) purposes.

Personally, I find the idea of getting a marriage license distasteful, and my wife and I never bothered to do so, but in the case that's described, I'd say that the benefits outweigh the distaste.  Given the pervasive nature of the government, it's inevitable that you will be forced to interact with them on some occasion, and this one seems fairly minor relative to the benefits that result (ie, being able to move here and not get hassled constantly).
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

Planethosting

• Near Death Experience
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 02:45:06 pm »

It's all about CONTROL, all the fines, fees, levies, taxes, etc, are all about paying for the control freak's controlling apparatuses.  It's all about being told what to do, when to do it, and how to do it.  They are after submission, people bowing down to their authority, and there is no avoiding it, they are the ones with power, we have none.  So you have to gulp down humble-pie until it makes you sick, if you want to play the game.  In other words, checkmate, you loose.
From Babylon, to Samaria, to Egypt, to now Rome, with the aid of The City of London, the District of Columbia, and hooded spirits such as the one they call Lucifer...we are being ruled spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and then physically.  Less so if you understand the true source, nature, and techniques of 'spell casting' by our oppressors.  We are defeated in the spirit realm, first, because many don't believe in the power of, or understand, such things...unlike our rulers, who are the most powerful spiritual organization on the planet, and represent the absolute darkness and proliferation of the occult.

w1LE.e

• After dark my city's a fuse.
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 03:09:07 pm »

standing in line...believing the lies...bowing down to the flag...you got a bullet in your head
Rising like the dawn of a red sun.
Then the tears will fly like birds of vengeance.

I'm a drug, alcohol and smoke free linear combination of libertarianism, anarchism, survivalism, agorism and probably other things that has developed as we enter this fourth turning.  Moving to NH for a life of freedom, independence, responsibility and love...love can't be done on its own for me, but I know she's out there.

I've been living so long all by myself, I can't think of living with anybody else
I'm an oyster pearl out of its shell, you better bring that diving bell

Then when our cubs grow, we'll show you what war is good for
One day, I say today we live as a lion.

winterboarder

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 03:19:26 pm »

For right now, we have to live with what we got. There is nothing to stop us to run for office and change legislation. "They" are running and changing legislation, so can we.

w1LE.e

• After dark my city's a fuse.
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 03:27:27 pm »

Thats true.
Rising like the dawn of a red sun.
Then the tears will fly like birds of vengeance.

I'm a drug, alcohol and smoke free linear combination of libertarianism, anarchism, survivalism, agorism and probably other things that has developed as we enter this fourth turning.  Moving to NH for a life of freedom, independence, responsibility and love...love can't be done on its own for me, but I know she's out there.

I've been living so long all by myself, I can't think of living with anybody else
I'm an oyster pearl out of its shell, you better bring that diving bell

Then when our cubs grow, we'll show you what war is good for
One day, I say today we live as a lion.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 01:03:10 am »

Being that you're asking the US government to recognize her legal status to be in the US; you sort of have to play ball with the documentation that they will accept. Immigration into the US might become a little more open in the future, but when I doubt anyone could say for certain.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything