Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visiting NH 3/6-9/14  (Read 2960 times)

fvernic

Visiting NH 3/6-9/14
« on: January 19, 2014, 05:57:04 pm »

Hello all,

Fred Vernic here from Mansfield, CT.  My wife Mary Ann & I will be visiting the Concord area from 3/6-9/14 to gain a lay of the land in prep of our move to NH within the next year or two.

Being New Englanders, we're no strangers to NH having visited many times in the past and I've also worked in and around Bow, NH a few years ago for a former employer for several short periods.

My current employer is looking to relocate us to NH within the next year or two.  Thankfully it's a question of when and not if.
We would be looking for a rural area that offers 2-5 + acre/house opportunities, yet within a 30 mile or less commute to major arteries and or hospitals.

We figured we would start in the Concord area as when this relo happens I'll be working in NH/Vermont or NH/Maine, but will become clear as the date nears.  I have no issue with travel but would welcome main arteries to Vermont and/or Maine.  Also, my wife works in healthcare as a Medical Laboratory Technologist so we would look to an area that affords her opportunities in her field.

We've been aware of the FSP for the past 10 years or so and have several friends who have made the move to NH.  We've joined and signed up for the newsletter and would welcome and be grateful for any assistance offered.

Best,

Fred Vernic

Liberty603

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #586
    • Liberty603.com
Re: Visiting NH 3/6-9/14
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 08:50:27 pm »

Welcome, Fred and Mary!

As your visit draws closer, keep your eye on http://nhcalendar.org/ to see upcoming events. It looks like there will be a Concord Porcupines meeting on March 8th, and there are typically multiple weekly events on any given week in Manchester.

I've put together some maps at http://www.Liberty603.com that you might find helpful. Mark Warden of Porcupine Realty is a great resource for real estate.
-------------------------------------
Update your address@Porcfest@FreeStateNH  |  New Hampshire Liberty Maps: Liberty603.com | @Liberty_603

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 03:28:07 pm »

Take a look at Grafton. It's rural, but 30 minutes from Lebanon/Hanover/Dartmouth, with Vermont right across the river from there.

There's little cell phone service, and high speed internet is DSL only for now, but there's a very active liberty movement there.

porcupineamy

• Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 07:05:53 am »

Hi Fred & welcome! You will love NH! We have had a few clients escaping CT recently, and they are very happy with the quality of life here.

Are you coming to Liberty Forum?

Once you decide which side of the state you need to be on, Mark Warden and I would be happy to help you with your real estate search. Towns close to VT that you might want to consider are Westmoreland, Langdon, Alstead, Unity. Towns close to Maine include Epping, Raymond, Hampton, Seabrook. There are more, of course, that might meet your needs, but we can discuss that with you at a later time. Feel free to contact us at info@porcupinerealestate.com if you have further questions.
Amy Lowe
Porcupine Real Estate
PorcupineRealEstate.com
 *Link Removed*

fvernic

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 12:01:52 pm »

Folks,

Thank you all for your responses, all include great help!  We look forward to keeping in touch until and after our move to NH.

Thanks,

Fred
Pages: [1]   Go Up