Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: James Altucher (his ideas coincide with Free Staters, I think)  (Read 4124 times)

Decla

James Altucher (his ideas coincide with Free Staters, I think)
« on: January 16, 2014, 01:55:13 am »

Do other people find James Altucher to be as brilliant as I do?

He recommends people don't go to college or buy a home.  He doesn't think they should get married or have kids. He is a serial entrepreneur.  He seems like an atheist.  I think he gave up on voting and being political.  I think he would lean libertarian.

http://www.jamesaltucher.com/2010/02/dont-send-your-kids-to-college/

http://www.jamesaltucher.com/2012/05/10-life-changing-decisions-we-make-without-thinking/

http://archive.lewrockwell.com/altucher/altucher89.1.html

Got an opinion on him?

Sam Adams

Re: James Altucher (his ideas coincide with Free Staters, I think)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 10:20:46 pm »

I would have to agree with him on College and the debt angle, even if parents are paying for college and losing their savings and retirement funds. Unless the student has a set goal for their future, and that requires higher education. Many of the worlds brilliant Scientist and inventors never learned that they can,t do this or that, because they skipped College. College sometimes is a limiting thought process, because were thought that is impossible or taught the big Lie anyways. In the economy we are in and entering, being a savvy creative hardworking entrepreneur has the best benefits and maybe low key advantage. As far as buying real estate, save your money and buy with cash, or maybe 20% financing not the other way around. I bought vs renting in NH because I wanted acres and outbuildings for farming and Business opportunities. Marriage I learned is for the time you want children and have found your Best Friend only.                 As far as Black Box voting in national elections, its on a digital disc for a reason and don,t waste your time. Sign up for local election committees and volunteer on election voting days and be a watcher observer. Better still, run for a local office.        I do agree with Altucher on most ideas, even though he is a little rough.

Decla

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 01:19:59 am »

You think voting is a waste even in New Hampshire?  I think in New Hampshire we have a chance.  No?

Sam Adams

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 10:34:33 am »

Nh has a chance as far as voting, I was referring to national level elections. But look at McCain and Reid last cycle, they were both way down in the polls. But surprise, they won??????
Pages: [1]   Go Up