Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: NH HB492 on Marijuana bill  (Read 11325 times)

freedomroad

Re: NH HB492 on Marijuana bill
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2014, 03:58:25 pm »

What would happen to smokers who continue to buy from dealers to avoid taxes? Would it be just as illegal as it is now?
Yes. Under the bill, you can grow your own. But yeah, if I sold you beer or wine I made at my house, that's against the law unless I'm registered with the government.

lobstah

• FSP Participant
    • my music
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2014, 04:02:34 pm »

I understand that you couldn’t sell it without a license. What I do not understand are the legal implications of the person who purchased from the unlicensed seller.

Karl Appleby

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2014, 05:46:55 pm »

Theres no black market alcohol dealers for a reason. Because its legal. Same with if drugs become legal.

freedomroad

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2014, 06:49:14 pm »

Theres no black market alcohol dealers for a reason. Because its legal. Same with if drugs become legal.

Actually, there are in NH, even though NH has the lowest liquor prices in the nation... Some people just want to buy the illegal stuff because there is no government involvement. I won't out anyone but here is a news story on 1 of the illegal producers. I do agree with your overall point, though :)

There's Moonshine In These Here New Hampshire Woods
http://nhpr.org/post/theres-moonshine-these-here-new-hampshire-woods

Bazil

• not the spice and not the country
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2014, 08:28:02 pm »

Actually, there are in NH, even though NH has the lowest liquor prices in the nation... Some people just want to buy the illegal stuff because there is no government involvement. I won't out anyone but here is a news story on 1 of the illegal producers. I do agree with your overall point, though :)

There's Moonshine In These Here New Hampshire Woods
http://nhpr.org/post/theres-moonshine-these-here-new-hampshire-woods

Moonshining in NH is pretty rare considering the prices.  $4.50 a liter for the cheap liquor, makes the effort of building a still not worth it unless you're making top shelf or something.
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up