Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: So it begins  (Read 15571 times)

winterboarder

Re: So it begins
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2014, 07:41:59 am »

The system as it is designed, is the best in the entire world. However the people neglected their civic duty as the 4th branch of government and defend their interests. The vast majority is ignorant of the law. Yes the public schools don't teach any, but that is not an excuse to ignore it. It's the people who are responsible to keep the other 3 branches in check and fight corruption.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2014, 08:12:15 pm »

They teach civics just fine. Not that anyone pays attention, or that anyone cares to maintain the system.
Once the two sides converge, the system is simply subjugated.

I can give several examples of this in NH alone.

freedomroad

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2014, 09:02:27 pm »

Perhaps I slightly misunderstood this and overacted. I'm sorry about that. I do think the NH Rebellion is completely misguided, though. Look at what works. The New Hampshire system with 400 state reps that make $100 a year without benefits works better than the system in any other state. Ending free speech is a bad goal. It will hurt everyone. However, common sense reforms like increasing the number of legislators and reducing the pay, staff and benefits for legislators makes sense. Those are positive things that can help people. Abolishing the 1st Amendment is evil. You call it fundamental reform, and it is. You idea is to completely end the 1st Amendment. Ideally, you 100% fail in your goal to end the 1st Amendment and actually look at the issue from a logical and fair point of view. Instead of trying to destroy freedom, you could work towards increasing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWfCqsFP05A
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up