Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving from NY!  (Read 1754 times)

Bab8589

Moving from NY!
« on: December 30, 2013, 07:45:07 am »

Hey everyone, after spending our entire lives ( were only in our 20s but that's still a long time!) in NYC my boyfriend and I have decided to make the move to NH. After deciding we would definitely move to a New England state some thorough research proved NH to be the best choice for us and that was before I found all of this FSP info! I am loving the kindness and unity of everyone which is hard to find in NY. We're trying to get to Nh ASAP but no luck on the job hunt yet :(. After looking at online job sites I was wondering if there was any other way to go about it. Also, we looked at a few apartments in Nashua but probably not the most efficient way (through the zillow app and then called each one ourself). Does anyone know of a good realtor in the nashua area who we can call to show us some apartments? Thanks so much!

porcupinerealtor

• Mark Warden Porcupine Real Estate
Re: Moving from NY!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 08:19:57 am »

If you are on Facebook, there are a couple helpful pages. One is FSP Job Alert and there is another called FSP Housing or Porcupine Housing. The group members love to help others find apartments as a courtesy to welcome new movers.
Otherwise, Craigslist.org is the best source for apartments in smaller buildings. Apartment.com and Rent.com will cover the large complexes. Not many Realtors deal with rentals.
Welcome! You'll love it here.
Mark
Mark Warden
cell 603.391.2888
mark@porcupinerealestate.com
porcupinerealestate.com
facebook.com/porcupinerealestate
twitter.com/porcupinerealty

HenryRW

• Revolutionary Wire
Re: Moving from NY!
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 07:45:45 am »

I'm in the same boat as you guys (from upstate though) on another post someone mentioned adecco (http://www.adeccousa.com) it's a temp agency. In the area I'm looking (Keene) they had a good amount of listing (mostly warehouse/laborer jobs). It's only temp but at least enough to get started and search for something else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up