Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ecovillages in new hampshire?  (Read 4547 times)

amypung

ecovillages in new hampshire?
« on: December 18, 2013, 08:30:02 pm »

I've been reading about eco-villages lately and I would love to live in a community similar to one. I have looked into La Cite Ecologique of NH, but i'm not a fan of their rules and dresscode. I love the idea of a simple home, community and lifestyle. Are there any areas worth looking into?

Sam Adams

Re: ecovillages in new hampshire?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 10:44:40 pm »

Ecovillages were and are created by the UN Communist. They are against land ownership, and only for the collective good of society. They don,t allow individualism or successful personal goals or success.  Check out Bardo farm if you want to get dirty and have fun for a few weeks. Bardo farm is also into more sustainable tech than you showed, and have many animals and products with no dress code.

Auspicious Aspect

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 08:29:47 pm »

Ecovillages were and are created by the UN Communist. They are against land ownership, and only for the collective good of society. They don,t allow individualism or successful personal goals or success.  Check out Bardo farm if you want to get dirty and have fun for a few weeks. Bardo farm is also into more sustainable tech than you showed, and have many animals and products with no dress code.

This isn't true at all. The eco-village idea far predates the UN. They have popped up from time to time all over the world, but were especially popular in the US in the 1800s. The Shakers are the best known example, but they are only one of many.

Some are pure collectives, but others have different systems of governance and ownership.

Sam Adams

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 11:11:25 am »

I see on the bottom of La Cite Ecologique web site about founders Bio that he quotes UN Ecovillage and Agenda 21. Thats what Agenda 21 is about, people living in close quarters and cities without land ownership.

Auspicious Aspect

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 12:54:34 am »

I see on the bottom of La Cite Ecologique web site about founders Bio that he quotes UN Ecovillage and Agenda 21. Thats what Agenda 21 is about, people living in close quarters and cities without land ownership.

That bunch has some ugly buildings, too, but they are just one group. Other groups have different structures.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 05:56:18 am »

They own the land. And its not exactly 'close quarters'.

amypung

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 10:19:39 am »

Maybe I shouldn't of said eco-village, because when I posted this, I didn't  know much about it. All I saw was a group of people that farmed and traded their harvests and being a close community. I do want to live on a farm and in a simple home, but no longer in an eco-village. Thanks for all the posts and information though!

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 11:45:26 am »

You'll be happy to know that you can do that almost anywhere in NH.
Biggest issue would be the distance to the nearest market, and amount of land you'll need to reach your full potential.

Sam Adams

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 08:24:38 pm »

Amy, check out Bardo Farms .com   Give them a call. They take on seasonal help and house you and sometimes feed the help. Great learning experience with dirty hands on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up