Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Youth apprenticeship/work experience for liberty oriented young adults  (Read 2493 times)

Shamrock

Hello everyone here in the Shire:

I'm hoping to find someone- anyone- who either already has some options set up or who may be open to the option of accepting young, (likely homeschooled) freedom oriented, high school age individuals to apprentice under you, in your profession. I happen to have an intelligent individual who seeks something like this (my son, 16), but I think that there are likely others out there with similar desires.

I am very interested in either a one-off for my son or setting up a program for other teens in similar circumstances. Please contact me here or at bwcolley at gmail dot com.

Thanks,
Brian

escapist_reborn

• Liberating the world one graphic at a time!
    • Graphical Liberation Front
Re: Youth apprenticeship/work experience for liberty oriented young adults
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 11:01:18 pm »

Well, the only experience in this area I have is my own field, that of martial arts. It's not uncommon for young kids to get into the leadership program, and when they're 18 they can become nationally-certified instructors, able to open their own school if they want to. In the interim, I've seen many a young person get their first job teaching at a school. Way better than retail, and great for continuing to develop a valuable skillset.
Joël Valenzuela<br />Chief Contrabandist, Graphical Liberation Front

TJames

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 08:27:20 am »

I am primarily interested in microbiology and evolutionary biology, also linguistics economics philosophy science-fiction and computer science and psychology, and a little interest in civics. Unfortunately I was homeschooled by incompetent religious isolationist and I'm unemployed. Phys ed, English, Bible, music, and art, and some mechanics were crammed down my throat while my career skills and obsessions were ignored. I've worked at jobs I was no good at, like farming and manual labor at a warehouse. I'm thinking my situation is typical so network me in. Do any agorist have any use for people like me, is there any gain in educating me? Building a private, even agorist, science school wouldn't be that hard.

Bazil

• not the spice and not the country
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 05:55:59 pm »

I am primarily interested in microbiology and evolutionary biology, also linguistics economics philosophy science-fiction and computer science and psychology, and a little interest in civics. Unfortunately I was homeschooled by incompetent religious isolationist and I'm unemployed. Phys ed, English, Bible, music, and art, and some mechanics were crammed down my throat while my career skills and obsessions were ignored. I've worked at jobs I was no good at, like farming and manual labor at a warehouse. I'm thinking my situation is typical so network me in. Do any agorist have any use for people like me, is there any gain in educating me? Building a private, even agorist, science school wouldn't be that hard.

Wow sounds similar to my background except my family's complacency caused me to be more motivated to succeed despite my family's lack of motivation.  I ended up getting my own loans and grants (without my family's help) and studying molecular biology.  I'm in my 30ies and the youngest and pretty much all my siblings still live with my parents and haven't gotten anywhere in life.  My background has turned me into a person who takes the lemons life hands me and makes lemonade and, especially at first, I had to make a lot of lemonade.  Unfortunately I don't have and apprenticable skills though.  My attitude is if you want to accomplish something, don't give up ever and you will eventually find a way to succeed.
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend
Pages: [1]   Go Up