Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

THIS WILL PROVIDE A BASE CAMP FOR ALL PLANNING TO COME TO NEW HAMPSHIRE - PLEASE PLEDGE TO MAKE A ONE TIME DONATION ? (tax deductable)

I would be interested in pledging $ torwards a Liberty base camp in NH
I am not interested
I would consider pledging $250 towards this venture
I would consider pledging $167 towards this venture
I would consider pledging  $100 towards this venture
I would consider pledging $50 towards this venture
I would consider pledging $25 towards this venture

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A VERY IMPORTANT POLL: 15,000 people commited? HOW COMMITED??  (Read 11550 times)

Sam Adams

Re: A VERY IMPORTANT POLL: 15,000 people commited? HOW COMMITED??
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, 05:02:07 pm »

A turn-key property is the most expensive way to go. Thats 10,000 an acre, I know it has many buildings, But.  Why don,t you buy Ware Mountain in Winchester, buy the whole mountain. 220 acres, across from Ashuelot River, Forest Lake, you just have to get approval and develop it. $235,000 1.3 mile drive in.

DonVoices

• HELP ME GET OFF LONG ISLAND! I need the free state
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2013, 09:16:30 am »

This is a great idea!
I support it's development!
I think the kickstarter idea is a good one.
I think with 2 or 3 more entrepreneurs working with you on this project, you can get it off the ground.
Saving the girl scout's camp area using free-market voluntaryist strategy would turn them into instant voluntaryists!
They would make a huge resource for unschooling!
What a way to have porcfest taken care of and win over many of the youths to true freedom principals!

(Girl cout cookies are a scam anyway.  Why not do it in the true way so that the kids keep the money!  Then they can invest back into the park!  Stupid corporate-fascists.  Let'sz show them how these kids can awaken their own entrepreneurial spirit and save their camp ground!  FSP Porcupines are in the right miondset to help!)
My Homeschool Philosolphy: "Clear Mind, Sharp Sword"

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • What we have here is a failure to communicate
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2013, 01:40:21 pm »

The campground doesn't hold anywhere close to 2000 campers (also note, this is under the capacity Rogers has currently plus there is local spillover capacity in to other campgrounds within a couple of miles), they have a current camping capacity of 200.

If you would like to buy a liberty campground (as many others have suggested in the past) that PF would make use of you need to be able to accommodate at least 3000 people, this means sufficient bathroom, shower, water and power resources for all these people. You also need at least 3a of relatively flat and open fields to accommodate event tents.

If you are serious about this then people need to see your commitment, setup a booth at the next LF & PF to sell your idea. NHLibertyForum.com

Liberty Village Inc.

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2013, 03:23:00 am »

Jerry - "You claim in your first message in this thread that the donations are tax deductible.

Have you filed a form 990 with the IRS?  a 501-C3?

Where are you incorporated?

I have nothing against the concept, but you seem to be overreaching and need to do more groundwork. 

This idea was tried here almost a decade ago (see http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=8807.0 ) on a much smaller scale and still failed to attract enough participants."

Ya see Jerry....

1) I was seeking "pledges" to donate.

2) I am NOT incorporated up in NH yet..."because I was seeking a pioneering team, physical address to use, and enough interested before I blow a bunch of money starting a biz in NH"....so NO, I dont have a non profit entity YET, nor have I filed the papers.....

3) Thinking big is the ONLY way this would work. Just ask the scattered "attempts" that have struggled on much smaller scale, because they lacked funds, jobs, and motivation.......Need 25+ people hell bent on making it happen.

Auspicious Aspect

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2013, 11:43:36 am »

1) I was seeking "pledges" to donate.

2) I am NOT incorporated up in NH yet..."because I was seeking a pioneering team, physical address to use, and enough interested before I blow a bunch of money starting a biz in NH"....so NO, I dont have a non profit entity YET, nor have I filed the papers.....

3) Thinking big is the ONLY way this would work. Just ask the scattered "attempts" that have struggled on much smaller scale, because they lacked funds, jobs, and motivation.......Need 25+ people hell bent on making it happen.

You don't seem to have any experience with setting up a non-profit; you certainly haven't done your due diligence. To start with, the name "Liberty Village Inc." is already a registered 501(c)(3), located in Louisiana. What is your new name going to be?

It doesn't cost much to set up a non-profit corporation in NH. It's not the case that you would "blow a bunch of money." You do need at least five unrelated people to serve as directors.

As has been pointed out to you before, you are going about this backwards. First, you should define exactly what it is you want to do with the land, put it all in writing and go over it carefully for potential problems/conflicts; all you have right now is a lot of vague generalities. It's fine to have different plans for different sorts of land, because every parcel is going to be different. Set up an organization of like-minded people who agree on the plan, then find the land.

aliphian

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 10:15:31 pm »

I think that this could serve as a sort of refugee camp for those that would otherwise not have the means to accomplish a cross-country move. I'm in 100%. And, two weeks in a lake front cabin for $250? Maybe it's because I live in Commiefornia, but that seems like a damn good deal to me.

Can we possibly try to develop this idea into something that's agreeable for everyone?

Auspicious Aspect

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2014, 12:41:11 am »

For anyone following this thread, a similar project has been launched by forum user "Frugal Fannie." I am posting the relevant portion of her announcement with permission.

"I know many of you have talked about doing a land purchase before. Some of you are interested in a “bug out location” and some are perhaps looking to permanently move to NH but are ‘tied’ to your jobs. Some of you may be just starting out and trying to get a grasp on a good start. And then there may be a few who want either a ‘second home’ or a retirement home.

I have a solution. I have launched a business to purchase a large piece of land in NH, ideally 200 acres, where you can build what you want for a home on your own time. A place where we can create our own community.

Most people get stuck trying to overcome the financial hurdle of doing this. This is why I have spent the last several months constructing a business plan that would allow people to live their dream AND prepare for a worst case scenario. This is a solution for good times and bad. In good times a business needs to make money, and this will. In bad times we will all need a group of mutually supportive people, a prepared and self sustaining community.

I am currently seeking investors with a minimum of $25,000 to invest.

I will be seeking ‘participants’ who would be leasing a lot on a 99 year term, guaranteed renewable and saleable after we purchase a piece of land.

If you are interested in learning more, please email me with your FORUM name and whether you are interested as an investor, participant or both. I will be scheduling group meetings for those who may be interested.

BetterWayLiving @ gmail dot com "
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up