Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Escaping CT , Moving to Hillsborough NH Sunday 11/17/2013 :)  (Read 11230 times)

Cbonas81

Escaping CT , Moving to Hillsborough NH Sunday 11/17/2013 :)
« on: October 30, 2013, 10:43:04 am »

Escaping CT , Moving to Hillsborough NH Sunday 11/17/2013 :)

If all goes as planned we will be moving out of CT on 11/16 and into our new home (Sunday 11/17/13 ) . We are very excited and cat wait.  ;D

freedomroad

Re: Escaping CT , Moving to Hillsborough NH Sunday 11/17/2013 :)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 11:23:10 am »

Great work!

A couple things you might want to do. Sign-up everyone in your household that likes liberty and is over 18 as FSP participants. http://freestateproject.org/join And, write a LTE to a couple area papers explaining while you are moving to NH and name drop the FSP.

Also, do you want to have a moving party in Hillsborough where people help you unload your stuff and place it into your house?

Cbonas81

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 11:53:48 am »

Oh yes I am doing those things you had mentioned and we do need as much help as possible for 2 reasons. Reason 1 , we would love to meet as may fellow free staters as possible and Reason 2 , this is a 2 family move into a duplex so its twice the normal move. Also my father and I both have had to have back surgeries in the past. I am already registered as a FSP participant and will be registering my family members as well.

Sam Adams

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 06:56:53 pm »

I stopped in Hillsborough in March looking at Windsor properties and was amazed. A big country town spread out with all the modern amenities and the 1900,s  charm out in middle of no where. But Hillsborough is still convient to the mayor cities and avenues. Hillsborough is surrounded by ski areas, big lake resorts, mountains, rivers, ice fishing, summer vacations, snowmobile trails, hiking, jobs, friendly people, nice new highways, good gun stores, restaurants, and one nice large center of town. Enjoy it, I know you will. Glad you will get out of commie ct.

Cbonas81

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 08:37:34 pm »

Thanks, yes we cant wait to make the move out of CT. Hillsborough seems to have that good balance I wanted in a town. I fish, hunt and ride atv's plus our new property in 33 acres with beard brook going right through it. I will be working inn Manchester NH and from home. My fiancé is looking for work in the Keene area.

freedomroad

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 11:54:14 pm »

Hillsboro is home to the big taxpayer picnic and also the hot air balloon event. Of course, the border town, Henniker, has several awesome events at Pat's Peak Ski Area!

Cbonas81

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 01:20:34 pm »

Awesome! We are getting started with all the packing this weekend. This is an amazing turn around for us as my parents lost their home due to a fire last year. Fresh start I a free state with good people and new jobs for my fiancé and I.  I am current trying to convince 2 of my friends to do the same as us and join the movement. One has and is currently looking for work. Once he finds a stable company (he is a welder/fabricator) he will be relocating himself , wife and 4 children out of CT and into NH.

PS : I would also like to thank Tyler Crosson of Manchester NH ( former CT escapee ) for meeting with my family and I and answering our many questions. My parents knew they had to move but they have been CT residents for over 52 years each and were somewhat apprehensive before hand. Although my fiancé and I are much more active in the cause of liberty (specifically in stopping agenda 21) my parents are very liberty minded conservatives. That helped out a lot inn their choice to come with us to NH.

Cbonas81

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 01:24:17 pm »

Here is the facebook event for our move.   https://www.facebook.com/events/534506076640174/

escapist_reborn

• Liberating the world one graphic at a time!
    • Graphical Liberation Front
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 11:03:30 pm »

I'll be there! Always a pleasure to welcome a new friend to the state. :)
Joël Valenzuela<br />Chief Contrabandist, Graphical Liberation Front

Cbonas81

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 09:23:19 am »

Thank you  :)

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2013, 04:28:10 am »

Connecticut seems to be the state with the biggest surge of new movers. The recent gun law insanity there is often a big motivating factor.

There's been a steady stream of movers from Massachusetts motivated by firearms freedom and taxation, but CT has really seen a big uptick.

Cbonas81

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2013, 02:28:15 pm »

CT has been seeing a increase inn cost of living and unemployment for many. NH has a growing economy and job market VS CT which has been and is in its death throws. Also CT has pretty much the same general climate temperature wise so weather is not a huge difference. With the emerging tech boom in NH many higher income job opportunities are now presenting themselves that were not previously available. So CT really has nothing to offer in order to attract businesses and keep a skilled work force.

Cbonas81

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 10:14:28 am »

Only one week away  ;D So excited and looking forward to meeting many of you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything