Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Who Here Has Gotten Their Ballots already?  (Read 32178 times)

Blain

• FSP Participant
  • Liberty or Death!
    • Infowars
Re:Who Here Has Gotten Their Ballots already?
« Reply #120 on: August 22, 2003, 07:06:43 pm »

Well I signed up in April, I live in MA, and I STILL have not recieved my ballot yet!  
The following flash movie sums up values.
http://www.isil.org/resources/introduction.swf

"A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares about more than he does his own personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made an

EMOR

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2003, 12:28:56 pm »

I live in Salt Lake City only a few hundred miles from Las Vegas and signed up last year and still haven't received my ballot. Not to stressed yet but when September hits the conspiracy theories start to form.  ;D
WY>SD>AK>VT>ND>DE>MT>ID>NH>ME

phylinidaho

• Friend of the FSP
« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2003, 01:33:19 pm »

HOORAY!  ;D :D

Mine came today!
(Boise, ID)  

Of course, I'll have to wait until Monday afternoon to get it notarized, but it will be in the mail immediately after that is accomplished.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

richj

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2003, 02:51:38 pm »

Mine came today, finally.  Kansas City, MO

Revtwo

• Golden Porcupine
  • SYITFS!
    • Evan F. Nappen, Attorney at Law
« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2003, 08:16:51 pm »

???

None in NJ yet.

telomerase

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free Or Die
« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2003, 03:26:27 pm »

Got mine in Dallas on 8-21.

Friday Jones

« Reply #126 on: August 25, 2003, 11:41:27 am »

Oakland Tribune
Aug. 23, 2003

WOMAN BITES POSTAL WORKER

Postal carrier Roshan Washington was assaulted on Saturday afternoon while delivering mail in downtown Oakland.  Mr. Washington, now listed in good condition at Kaiser Oakland, describes his ordeal as follows:  "It was the strangest thing.  This lady walked into the lobby while I was locking up the boxes after delivering the mail.  She opened up her mailbox and quickly shuffled through her mail.  Next thing I know, she's screaming at the top of her lungs, foaming at the mouth, and beating her head, hard, against the mailboxes.  I didn't know what was happening; I thought maybe she was having a seizure.  Then the <expletive> lunges at me and sinks her teeth into my calf!!  I was spinning around and around and she was hanging on like a pitbull.  Fortunately, another tenant came into the lobby at that point and kept kicking her until she let go of my leg."

The suspect, a Ms. F. Jones, is currently being held without bail and is scheduled to undergo a mental competency examination prior to the preliminary hearing.  Her court-appointed attorney, Hamilton Wu, was quoted as saying "My client is clearly a very sick woman and deserves our compassion.  I'm going to urge the judge to rule for heavy medication rather than incarceration.

Homeowners' association president Madeleine Van Arpels expressed shock and dismay over this incident.  "It's just so bizarre.  She's lived here for 5 years and seemed like such a sweet, quiet girl.  First the carjacking in the garage two weeks ago, and now this?  I just don't know what's happening to this country!"

Ms. Jones, who was unavailable for comment, has no prior criminal record and no known history of mental illness.  Mr. Washington noted that, immediately prior to the attack, she screamed something about a "ballot".  U.C. Berkeley political pundit Bruce Cain, upon hearing of the incident, noted, "This whole recall thing is putting a lot of stress on all of us.  I understand this Ms. Jones is a Cal grad, so it's safe to assume she's either a Democrat or a Green;  perhaps the whole Schwarzennegger thing was just more than she could bear. Frankly, I think we'll be seeing more of this sort of incident in the weeks ahead."

"I don't know, man", Mr. Washington is reported as saying.  "She was screaming about wanting her ballot, and 'North to Alaska', and some other crazy <expletive>.  There's just too many crazies in this town."  Mr. Washington is currently undergoing a series of rabies shots and will be on medical leave for several weeks due to the severity of the damage to his leg.

cathleeninsc

« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2003, 12:02:13 pm »

I did kind of snap at the mailman. We spent last week in beautiful Nova Scotia, enjoying our fantasy of a ballot waiting to be delivered with the rest of our held mail. When the mailman came to the door with my stack, I could see there was no ballot.

I shouldn't have barked, "This CAN'T be all of it!"

Cathleen in SC

Justin

• FSP Participant
  • So... these are going to be my neighbors?!
« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2003, 12:02:27 pm »

Received!!! - Orlando, FL
 ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D
Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. - Diderot

LeopardPM

• FSP Participant
« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2003, 12:12:31 pm »

ROFLMFAO!  judging from the discontent expressed in this thread, I do fear for the lives of a variety of postal workers across the nation - I am greatly regretting my decision in influencing Jason to 'save money' in this mailing - I did not forsee the impatience of the membership causing such stress among the Board Members... we could have done things 'better' in two ways that I see: (1) Not announce to the membership when the ballots went out and the EXPECTED arrival date thereof, (2) mailed everything roughly the twice as expensive route of first class...

I do hope that the money saved will have an effect after the vote is done in that the FSP will have more money to spend in promoting the state announcement and other publicity - this was my reasoning for promoting 'doing it on the cheap' - we used the least expensive form of printing & mailing in an effort to conserve funds to spend on the promoting of the FSP to the media and public at large....

though this whole process will definitely have a backlash effect on the memberships perception (and probably the Boards perception) of me and my business,  I think that the choices made will end up proving to be a net positive for the FSP at the expence of a possible negative on me personaly.  I can take it, and I stand by what has happened including the 'inconveniences' that members are experiencing in the delayed receipt of their ballot...

at your mercy,
michael
the one responsibile for influencing the decision to deliver the ballots in this ixcrutiatingly slow manner...
nothing to say...

Stumpy

• FSP Participant
« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2003, 12:28:41 pm »

New definition - going postal  The reaction of a disappointed and angered Free Stater to their mailman when they discover their mailman didn’t bring their ballot.

Some are talking openly of shooting the slow burro.
Libertarianitis - A disease where one is incapable of doing anything other than debate. The sufferer is rendered totally incapable of being constructive and constantly marginalizes him or herself by displays of extreme negativity, bitterness and intransigence.

LeopardPM

• FSP Participant
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2003, 12:42:40 pm »

at this point, I fear that the post office decided against using their speedy burros and elected instead to deliver by slug - in an effort to cut rising costs of course...
nothing to say...

Matt Nellans

« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2003, 05:46:38 pm »

Ft Myers FL
Havent received my ballot yet.
Are there others who havent or am I just a loser?

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds..

lloydbob1

« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2003, 06:13:30 pm »

FINALLY.....Finally got mine, here in Hartford, CT, today!  ;D Filled it out and had it at the post office in less than an hour! ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
    • The Light of Alexandria
« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2003, 03:45:00 pm »

I got mine the day before yesterday. Hoo hoo! :D

JM
The Light of Alexandria By James Maynard

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

http://www.lightofalexandria.com
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up