Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Who Here Has Gotten Their Ballots already?  (Read 31889 times)

Blain

• FSP Participant
  • Liberty or Death!
    • Infowars
Who Here Has Gotten Their Ballots already?
« on: July 31, 2003, 10:08:17 pm »

It's been a week and I'm still waiting on mine.

Feel free to post when you get yours and tell us about it!  Feel free to tell us which state you voted for too if you wish.   ;)
The following flash movie sums up values.
http://www.isil.org/resources/introduction.swf

"A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares about more than he does his own personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made an

ShrineGuard

Re:Who Here Has Gotten Their Ballots already?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 04:31:30 pm »

There was an update on the main page that said the ballots were delayed until the 30th of July.

Elizabeth

• Former FSP Vice President
  • Someone has to ask the tough questions...
    • Free State Project
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2003, 10:49:31 pm »

Right.  The ballots started going out on the 30th, and they're being mailed third-class, apparently, so it could take a bit of time.   :-\

ShrineGuard

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2003, 09:52:18 pm »

How long does third class mailing typically take?

Greggers69

• For life and liberty!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2003, 11:20:37 pm »

well I was getting worried about not  getting my forms yet.  Thanks for putting my mind at ease...  Sigh.      I am getting stoked about the vote just so I know where we are going.    :o
All is stake, and the little conviencys and comforts of life when in comptition with our Liberty, ought to be rejected, not with reluctance but with pleasure.

George Mason

rhull

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2003, 11:34:38 pm »

How long does third class mailing typically take?

The term third class mail is actually an obsolete term. Its been replaced by Standard Mail A&B. Standard mail generally takes between 2-9 days depending on the distance to travel.

I 'm just hoping Elizabeth didn't mean Bulk Mail which takes upwards of 3-4 weeks.  ;D
"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws" -- Tacitus, Roman senator and historian (A.D. c.56- c.115)

ShrineGuard

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2003, 11:58:15 pm »

I knew about bulk mail, which is why I was wondering if this third class thing was the same.

Thanks for setting me straight...although yes, hopefully she didn't mean bulk

ShrineGuard

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2003, 12:40:54 pm »

Alright...judging from the newest annoucement, which stated that it could take two weeks, is this really bulk mail?

Elizabeth

• Former FSP Vice President
  • Someone has to ask the tough questions...
    • Free State Project
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2003, 12:44:58 pm »

No, not bulk mail.

ShrineGuard

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2003, 12:53:22 pm »

Wonderful.  Thank you for this clarification.  Now I'll be checking my mailbox even earlier. ;D

wes237

• FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2003, 03:53:59 pm »

At what point should one inquire ... if their ballot(s) have not arrived? Nobody wants to miss the vote.

Stumpy

• FSP Participant
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2003, 04:01:28 pm »

08/15/03
Libertarianitis - A disease where one is incapable of doing anything other than debate. The sufferer is rendered totally incapable of being constructive and constantly marginalizes him or herself by displays of extreme negativity, bitterness and intransigence.

schletty

• FSP Participant
  • Karma-Shmarma. I need grace!
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2003, 09:23:01 pm »

Has anybody seen A Christmas Story when the kid is awaiting the delivery of his Li'l Orphan Annie Decoder Ring? Yep, that's me right now. My mailbox needs a little WD-40.  :-[

My wife got something in the mail from Texas yesterday and had me doing postmark calculations.
If any form of pleasure is exhibited
Report to me and it will be prohibited.
 - Groucho Marx, Duck Soup

LeopardPM

• FSP Participant
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2003, 01:26:40 am »

Hi,
My business won the bid to print and mail the ballots - they (at least 85%) went out on Friday, the 29th of July - there were various database issues, formatting & layout issues, and time issues to deal with.  The balance will be mailed as soon as the addresses are corrected.  The ballots were mailed 'standard mail' which means that it could take up to 2 weeks (the post office does not guarantee ANY time frame BTW) for interstate travel and delivery.  I am as anxious as you all to vote and find out which state is picked, but, I hope you all agree that timeliness is less important than to make sure that everyone receives their ballot and is able to vote.  Throughout this mailing I have had tremendous time presures, but, I think that 'doing it right' and making sure that each and every person recieves a ballot is more important.  In a mailing of this size it is easy for a print/mail house to misplace, mis-stuff (wrong ballot in differently addressed envelopes, etc), etc because there is so much labor involved, which means humans, which means imperfections - to help combat this we took extra time to quality control the labour process.  Rest assured your ballots are on their way.  If you have not received your ballot by the 15th, then please let the FSP know.  Although we have done as much as was possible to insure delivery to you, it is in the post office's hands and out of our control, I foresee a possible .5-1% loss of delivery (25-50 ballots lost) through the post office and we are ready to reprint and mail out First class those that did not make it through the government's postal system.  Above all, I suggest we all relax a bit and don't fret - Jason and crew have done admirably and we will all get our ballots one way or another.  This is a truly historic moment.... just amazing - I can't believe all the various people(other clients, friends) that have asked questions and become interested in the FSP just because they have seen the furious printing of these ballots and state reports consuming my company.  If this is any indication, I really think that the sign-up rate will reach that 'point of critical mass' soon after the vote and the media blitz associated with it...

Freedom is in the mail,
michael
nothing to say...

cathleeninsc

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2003, 07:04:54 am »

Hi,
My business won the bid to print and mail the ballots - they (at least 85%) went out on Friday, the 29th of July - michael

I think that I am going to go buy you a calendar. ???
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Up