Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Planning to visit first weekend in November  (Read 1685 times)

anellis

Planning to visit first weekend in November
« on: October 17, 2013, 02:57:29 pm »

I'm planning to travel up to New Hampshire (flying into Manchester Fri, Nov 1st until the 3rd) to check out FSP and the area.

Hotel rooms and car rentals seem to be oddly expensive in Manchester that weekend, any suggestions?

Also, any suggestions for what I should do/see while I'm there would be welcome! I'm definitely hoping to meet some Free Staters!

« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 02:59:06 pm by anellis »

freedomroad

Re: Planning to visit first weekend in November
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 04:22:26 pm »

The big liberty event in NH that weekend is Keenevention in Keene, NH. Panels, speakers, events, hiking, bowling, karaoke... http://keenevention.info/
http://keenevention.info/schedule/

Friday, November 1
9:00am
 Legislative Panel
10:30am
 Robin Hooding
 Ladies in Media Panel
12:00pm
 Lunch Break
1:30pm
 Robin Hooding
 Porcupreneurs Panel
3:00pm
 Civil Disobedience Panel
4:30pm
 Keynote Speaker: Carla Gericke
5:30pm
 Dinner Break
7:00pm
 Copblocking

Saturday, November 2
 LGBT Panel
 Secession Panel
 Lunch Break
 News Media Panel
3:00pm
 Direct Action Panel
4:30pm
 Keynote Speaker: JJ Schlessinger
5:20pm
 Hike to Sunset Rock
 Dinner Break
9:00pm
 Karaoke & Galactic Bowling

Sunday, November 3
 Old School NH Panel
 Peace Roundtable
 Lunch Break
 Tech Panel
2:30pm
 Bitcoin Panel
3:30pm
 Closing Speaker: Bryan Tann
4:00pm
 Rich Paul Sign Wave
 Keene Bitcoin Network Meetup
6:00pm
 Social Sundays

Manchester might have a MVP Meeting which is typically the 1st Saturday of the month. I'm not sure if it cancelled because of Keenevention or not but someone likely knows. If it is still happening, it is usually a great event with speakers and lots of networking before and after the meeting.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 04:27:28 pm by 1DayAtATime »

porcupinerealtor

• Mark Warden Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 06:15:28 pm »

If you are on Facebook, it will be much easier to point you to activities and social functions that weekend.
As mentioned previously, Keenevention is a cool place to meet early movers/shakers. Keene is 75 minutes by car from Manchester.

I recommend coming to the MVP Merrimack Valley Porcupines meeting on Saturday the 2nd from 10:30a to 12:30p. It's a social gathering as well as chance to hear from local liberty activists, candidates and others on their various projects. And they enjoy introducing new visitors like yourself. PM me for details and location.

Every Sunday evening there is a gathering of FSPers and other liberty nuts in Nashua (20 minutes from Manchester). They meet at a pub and drink a pint and discuss politics, economics, history, and whatever. Good people.

If you are not on Facebook, send an email to visitnh@freestateproject.org and Chris can help plug you into some things during your visit.

Hotels are not cheap anytime, but with pumpkin festivals going on around the area, that might be a reason for hotel rates during your stay. Super 8, La Quinta, Highlander Inn may be worth checking out.

We have a group of Welcome Wagon people who will be happy to meet you during your stay. Once you have finalized your details, post them here or send a note to the email above.

Mark
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 06:21:29 pm by porcupinerealtor »
Mark Warden
cell 603.391.2888
mark@porcupinerealestate.com
porcupinerealestate.com
facebook.com/porcupinerealestate
twitter.com/porcupinerealty

anellis

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 01:32:26 pm »

Thanks guys, this is helpful!