Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VISITING NOV 1-3  (Read 2094 times)

anellis

VISITING NOV 1-3
« on: October 15, 2013, 08:34:22 am »

Hi Free Staters!

My best friend and I have been interested in the Free State Project for awhile, and we're hoping to do a visit the first weekend in November. A few questions for anyone who can answer:

1. Any recommendations on places we should consider living or visiting in the short time we have that weekend? Maybe places with a lot of Free Staters around, or somewhere with a lot of jobs? (that is going to be the hardest part about moving for us- I am in politics and she is in HR). Or perhaps somewhere that's just so awesome we must see it.

2. Anyone able to offer us a room for the weekend, or have a recommendation for cheap places to stay? We are trapped in the 2,300/mo+ rent cycle of Washington, DC right now!

Thanks and look forward to meeting some new folks in November!

Alicia & Shannon

porcupineamy

• Porcupine Real Estate
Re: VISITING NOV 1-3
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 08:38:29 am »

There are lots of Free Staters & lots of get-togethers around Manchester & Nashua, and those areas would also be your best bet for jobs. $2300/mo for rent will get you a really nice house (or is a really nice mortgage payment) here in NH :)

Good luck & let us know if you need anything else!
Amy Lowe
Porcupine Real Estate
PorcupineRealEstate.com
 *Link Removed*

porcupinerealtor

• Mark Warden Porcupine Real Estate
Re: VISITING NOV 1-3
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 08:45:34 am »

We look forward to meeting you in November.
You might want to stop by Keenevention, which takes place that weekend. There will be dozens of activists and early movers in one place for you to meet.
http://keenevention.info/

The most action is in the Manchester area. There are a lot of people there with whom you can network and find out more about jobs/housing.

If you are on Facebook, that is your best bet for getting connected. There are a number of pages/groups with info and current events. Look for the Welcome Wagon page and the FSP Jobs Alert page and post a greeting.

If you're not on Facebook, you can send an email to visitnh@freestateproject.org (IIRC) and Chris will help coordinate some introductions for you when you get here.

There is a fun monthly meetup on Saturday Nov. 2nd in Manchester, where FSP participants (early movers) and other liberty activists gather. It's from 10:30a to 12:30p. You would enjoy that.  Good opportunity to meet some fellow liberty lovers. You can email me for more details mark at porcupinerealestate dotcom.

Mark
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 06:24:56 pm by porcupinerealtor »
Mark Warden
cell 603.391.2888
mark@porcupinerealestate.com
porcupinerealestate.com
facebook.com/porcupinerealestate
twitter.com/porcupinerealty
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything