Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NH Slides in Tax Ranking - Things Getting Worse Freedom-wise  (Read 6357 times)

anon37268573

• First1000
NH Slides in Tax Ranking - Things Getting Worse Freedom-wise
« on: October 10, 2013, 04:44:21 pm »

Tax Foundation: N.H. has 8th-best tax climate in nation
http://www.concordmonitor.com/home/8855135-95/tax-foundation-nh-has-8th-best-tax-climate-in-nation

New Hampshire has the eighth-best tax climate in the nation, according to a new report from the Tax Foundation.

The conservative think tank’s 2014 State Business Tax Climate Index, released yesterday, ranked all 50 U.S. states based on their taxes – property, income, sales, unemployment and corporate.

Wyoming finished first overall, while New York came in last place. New Hampshire took the eighth spot overall, down from seventh place in last year’s report.

[ . . . ]

:'(

I've noticed that a lot of things seem to be getting a lot worse in New Hampshire... higher taxes (especially property taxes), more calls for new schools and teachers and teacher raises (which mostly all passed in my town), more MA people moving up and getting WIC/Rent Assistance, increased UN Refugee dumping, Set-a-Side low income housing that I can't "qualify" for on the little land still available in my area, calls for more police officers (again which have passed in my town), more regulations on business, I have to pay for Kindergarten now (didn't when I first moved up), etc. etc. etc.   Sad!  :'(

anon37268573

• First1000
Re: NH Slides in Tax Ranking - Things Getting Worse Freedom-wise
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 05:10:34 pm »

Business climate study is a mixed bag for N.H.
When it comes to taxes, state ranks high and low
http://www.nhbr.com/October-18-2013/Business-climate-study-is-a-mixed-bag-for-NH/

New Hampshire had the eighth-best business tax climate in the country last year, but the third worst tax on corporations.

Yes, you’ve read that right. And the numbers aren’t from dueling reports, but the same report: The Tax Foundation’s 2014 edition of the State Business Tax Climate Index, released Wednesday.

[ . . . ]

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 05:36:19 pm »

This tax ranking is just about business taxes, not all taxes. Still, when it comes to all taxes, NH did slide a bit from 2007 to 2010, before improving in 2011-2012.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

anon37268573

• First1000
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 01:40:01 pm »

New Hampshire school bans students from playing 'tag'
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/11/new-hampshire-school-tells-parents-that-rules-ban-tag/

NASHUA, N.H. –  An elementary school in Nashua has reminded parents and students that playing "tag" violates the school's longtime "no contact" rule for recess games.

Charlotte Avenue Elementary School Principal Patricia Beaulieu posted a letter on the school's website last week informing parents of the school's safety policies. In the letter, she said while "tag" may seem innocent enough, it has been banned in many schools because of injuries.

[ . . . ]

freedomroad

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 01:55:12 pm »

This tax ranking is just about business taxes, not all taxes. Still, when it comes to all taxes, NH did slide a bit from 2007 to 2010, before improving in 2011-2012.

It's mostly about taxes on businesses.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 06:04:47 pm by 1DayAtATime »

freedomroad

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 01:58:44 pm »

Wyoming finished first overall, while New York came in last place. New Hampshire took the eighth spot overall, down from seventh place in last year’s report.

If you look at page 4 of the report, NH was #8 this year, last year and the previous year. So it hasn't changed position. It has gotten slightly worse if you look at the score, though.

New Hampshire
8 6.08
8 6.12
8 6.27
The higher the score, the better.

It is great to have the Concord Monitor accidentally help elected New Hampshire Republicans make the case that tax cuts are needed, though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up