Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Officially FSP Friends vice FSP Members  (Read 19797 times)

Pat McCotter

• Global Moderator
Officially FSP Friends vice FSP Members
« on: March 03, 2011, 07:23:53 am »

Well, it's official. Gloria and I are now Friends of the FSP rather than members. We have just bought a house here in CT.  We shall be here for some time to come. :'( We miss NH. Just the other day we were saying that whenever we think of a store or restaurant we want to go to we initially think about where it is in Concord. 'then we have to remember how to get to the same place here. It makes us feel homesick. :'(
Visualize Whirled Peas

Give Pizza Chance

I think it's wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly. - Steven Wright

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
Re: Officially FSP Friends vice FSP Members
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 01:28:01 pm »

Y'all can probably stay as members.  Not like it's going to hit 20k tomorrow, and then you have years to make the move, after that point.

Don't be a stranger, anyway...

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

anon37268573

• First1000
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 03:26:13 pm »

Well, it's official. Gloria and I are now Friends of the FSP rather than members. We have just bought a house here in CT.  We shall be here for some time to come. :'( We miss NH. Just the other day we were saying that whenever we think of a store or restaurant we want to go to we initially think about where it is in Concord. 'then we have to remember how to get to the same place here. It makes us feel homesick. :'(

Just curious if you don't mind my asking - why did you leave?

A number of early movers I've known have left.  The most common reasons I've heard were job/finances, then family (kids or parents that need care or support), then lack of progress (# of movers, etc).

Pat McCotter

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 04:53:02 pm »

Anon, we left because I had a brain aneurysm and subsequent stroke. We moved back to CT to be near family who could help Gloria with my needs. Don't feel bad about asking, it's a natural question to ask for this project.

Joe, we will not be strangers; we love NH and all of the wonderful people we met there.
Visualize Whirled Peas

Give Pizza Chance

I think it's wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly. - Steven Wright

JOE

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 04:27:33 pm »

ive only lived nh 4 a few years but its nice an rt now im tryin to figure out how to find an apt cheap to rent

d.j.smith

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 06:38:20 pm »

I'm sorry to hear you had to leave the place you love, Mr. McCotter. I'm also sorry to hear that you've had bad health. Life presents us with so many challenges; I wish you the best of luck in dealing with yours.
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 09:55:00 pm »

Unfortunately, Pat McCotter passed on in Feb. 2012.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 10:03:54 pm by Pat K »
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning
Pages: [1]   Go Up